Anyone else fasting?

Options
2»

Replies

• adebayolola
    adebayolola Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am fasting also, so I workout most times immediately after Sahur, because I would likely be too tired to workout in the evening, and it's almost impossible to workout after Iftar. I do circuit training a lot, and I also make sure I walk a lot also. I hope this helps
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    faji2015 wrote: »
    I am also fasting for 14 hours. But due to severe heat wave I am not doing any exercise. I just wanted to ask has anyone lost any bit of weight this ramadan?

Ramadan Mubarak!

My husband has lost some weight. He loves to cook, but I am cooking all the Iftar meals this Ramadan and the things I make are much more healthier and portion controlled than what he usually does.
  • WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Carol_ wrote: »
    BILLBRYTAN wrote: »
    Intermittent fasting is the best thing I have ever tried. I use 18:6 hours and the benefits to my health have been numerous.
    By fasting, you mean nothing but water? And how long before you noticed the health benefits? How does it affect sleep, etc? I am thinking it would take a few 'rounds'? or not? Tell us more. :)..or post a link?

i am currently doing (and have done in the past for years) 18:6 and i did nothing but water during my 18 fasting hours. it's not that difficult really because the majority of those hours, i am sleeping.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    apparently Buddhist monks fast every day

they only eat from dawn to noon
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I am fasting also, so I workout most times immediately after Sahur, because I would likely be too tired to workout in the evening, and it's almost impossible to workout after Iftar. I do circuit training a lot, and I also make sure I walk a lot also. I hope this helps

I WISH I would do that - but at 4AM all I can think about is squeezing in a few hours of sleep before I go to the office. I might be able to put in 15 minutes on the elliptical machine BEFORE I Suhur. Exercise might encourage me to drink more too!

• gracievines
    gracievines Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i know nothing about the religious views on fasting… I just know that different religions have practiced periodic times of fasting and there haven't been any serious health issues caused by it if you are already in good health. I have been doing a one day a week fast for a few months now. I have not lost an incredible amount of weight, but i have lost some. I feel healthier the next day after a fast. I don't feel guilty during the rest of the week if i have a burger or a few fries at some point, or even alcohol. I don't go crazy the other days, but I do eat when i am hungry, i never feel unsatisfied on the other days when I eat, i have stopped counting every calorie i consume, and just feel like the one day a week fast is a form of personal discipline and a way to kind of feel a bit "cleaner" when i am done. I work out at a Fit Body Boot Camp location 3 to 5 days per week, and have been doing this for 3 years.
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Our monthly way in at work was this morning and I've lost 7 pounds since last month! Whoot!

I also added FOUR CUPS of watermelon to my Suhur this morning, plus a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I'm not sure I noticed that it helped today, I still have a headache from being dehydrated :(

I'm stopping for dates on my way home from work. Last night I was able to delay my meal until about an hour after sunset, so I had plenty of time to sip on a glass of water, then drink a couple glasses of green tea before I started eating food.
  • hanansj
    hanansj Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have this green smoothie recipe that has helped me tremendously during fasting. I have energy and not once from day 1 until now (Thank God!!!) have I gotten a headache or even felt run down and I do work out almost every day by walking on the treadmill for an hour almost every day. I drink 1/2 to break my fast and I drink the other half at Suhoor. It has done wonders for me and it is low in calories as the entire thing has 500 calories.

Here is the recipe.

Super DETOX Green Cleansing Smoothie
    Ingredients
    • 1 cup spinach
    • 1 cup torn romaine lettuce leaves
    • ½ cup chopped cucumber
    • ½ cup chopped celery
    • 1 small pear (or ½ large), cored and chopped
    • 1 banana, chopped (preferably frozen)
    • 1 cup water or coconut water. You can also use ½ cup water and ½ cup ice
    • 1 tablespoon of fresh mint
    • 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley
    • ½ to 1 whole lemon, juiced
    • ¼-inch slice ginger root, peeled
    • pinch of cayenne pepper, optional
    • pinch of cinnamon, optional
    • pinch of turmeric, optional
    Instructions
    1. Place ingredients in blender and blend until completely smooth. Sweeten if needed and as desired, with liquid stevia, honey, or agave nectar (Any non-sugar sweetener).