need to lose around 150... help.

Options
Hi my name is jackie I've been on a diet eating healthy I do some cardio and walk aloooot. Drink plenty of water and drink green teas. I started my diet on april and so far had lost 14 lbs is there anything else I can do to help me?

Replies

• terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    You're of to a good start. Community and encouragement are key. I help to run a great support and accountability group on Facebook for people looking to improve their health and fitness. It's just a bunch of people supporting and encouraging each other to make progress towards their goals. It's an awesome community. We have people in there that have lost over 100 lbs, some over 150 lbs. We help to teach you about healthy eating as well as setting up a good exercise regime.

If you're interested in it, I'd be glad to chat with you about it, as well as help you along your journey!

Allan
  • chucktaylor78
    chucktaylor78 Posts: 74 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I started this past April with a goal of losing 168 lbs. Like terbusha said, support is key. I have lost 50 lbs. as of yesterday and I feel better than I believe I ever have. I stick to a schedule, which eliminates excuses for me. I work out 1-2 hours a day. This is usually some weight lifting, followed by treadmill or actually walking/jogging. It was hard at first. I could only jog for a little less than a 1/4 mile, but this past Sunday I made a 1 mile constant (albeit slow) jog. If you stick to it and start seeing results like that, it is all the motivation you need. Good luck.
  • Krystle1984
    Krystle1984 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Well done so far!

The best advice I can give you is to buy a digital food scale and weigh and log all your food. It won't matter so much at the moment as you have a lot to lose, but as you get nearer your goal it will become more important to log accurately and it's good to get into the habit early on.

Other than that just remember slow and steady wins the race and take it one day at a time!

Good luck! :)