How come when I eat I go bloated and gain 2 pounds

Whenever I eat my stomach will go extremely bloated and I can gain 2 or more pounds Iver night. Is this because ive been on a soft food diet and I'm not used to eating solids. Any tips how to reduce the bloating

Replies

• discretekim
    discretekim Posts: 314 Member
    I never understood this but now it happens to me too. Just remember it will even out in time.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    So you've been on a soft food diet for medical reasons and are now on solid foods and are bloating? How many calories in your meals?
  • TrailBlazinMN
    TrailBlazinMN Posts: 209 Member
    Food combination and/or reactions to food can cause it. Some people do better when they separate certain foods and don't eat them at the same time.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    chloe2022 wrote: »
    Whenever I eat my stomach will go extremely bloated and I can gain 2 or more pounds Iver night. Is this because ive been on a soft food diet and I'm not used to eating solids. Any tips how to reduce the bloating

How much sodium are you eating?

I've found since reducing sodium a bit I dropped a lot of weight.

Last week I weighed 160 & this Monday I weighed 155.5 which I am sure was from sodium & a few binges.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    I don't know what it is, but by the end of the evening I can look 5-6mths pregnant! The next morning my tummy has flattened out again
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    I don't know what it is, but by the end of the evening I can look 5-6mths pregnant! The next morning my tummy has flattened out again

This... plus I eat very high volume meals with lots of vegetables/fiber. It happens to everyone.
  • sophsthayre
    sophsthayre Posts: 1 Member
    I kept having this problem so eventually went to the doctors who did some tests, which revealed I am gluten intolerant, so if the problem persists I would recommend seeing your doctor!