Fitbit or something like it.

i want to get a Fitbit or something like it. What do you recommend and why?

Replies

• nooie19
    nooie19 Posts: 153 Member
    I love my Fitbit Flex. My main form of exercise is walking and it syncs with MFP. Also I am motivated by a sense of competition with my Fitbit friends. I have a set of work Fitbit friends who do weekly challenges: called Workweek Hustle.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Which Fitbit model you choose is entirely a matter of personal preference (and price). They all calculate your TDEE and sync with MFP. Fitbit challenges are great motivation—and fun.

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    I have a jawbone...love it. It is the basic first model tho...no blue tooth, not the move nor the jawbone 2 or 3.

Jawbone syncs with MFP and mapmyfitness and it has "duels" with team mates...1 day/3 day/weekly.

It works pretty much the same as Fitbit....you put your weight loss goal in gives you your base calories and calculates the earned calories as your day goes by...
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Garmin Vivoactive.

bluetooth, GPS, pairs with a chest strap heart rate monitor (very accurate), long battery life (up to 3 weeks), water resistant (up to 30 meters i think), very easy to track activities, and tracks your sleep.

I have had a jawbone UP24, and a few different fitbit devices. None of them are as good as the Garmin (IMO).