Almased shake diet??!

Options
I bought my first can of Almased and just started today. Who has had success with it? How'd you manage to get through the no eating food? (Cuz I love my food!!)

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    If you are barely manage to do this for one day, how do you expect to eat this way for the rest of your life?
  • ThatFitChick20
    ThatFitChick20 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Well, after the first week you can incorporate healthy food back into your diet. But for the first week it's just strictly the shake 3 times a day. I'm just wondering how to avoid cravings and the urge to eat something. Like tips or advice :)
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    We all love food. That is why we are all doing this the right way. Calorie deficit. No fad diets, shake diets..etc. This is why we have success here. If I were you I would not waste any more money.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Honestly it looks completely unhealthy. Your only getting 540 calories a day (plus a little from milk) for the first week. That is dangerously low.
    It doesn't have enough fat content to it and yes your body does need dietary fat.

I can see why your struggling. You have essentially limited yourself to a VLCD.

Week 2, you get to eat lunch and that's it. Sounds completely horrible.
    You don't get to start eating 2 meals a day until you've reached your goal.
  • kimault1984
    kimault1984 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Embarrassed to admit that I've tried this, along with every other fad diet/supplement out there. It's a load of crap. Of course if you're in that much of a deficit you will lose.

There is no quick fix, I wouldn't bother with it. #realfood
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Three shakes a day sounds like a gastrointestinal distaster waiting to happen. I hope you didn't pay too much for this.
    Why don't you just start out by eating that healthy food you were planning to incorporate back into your diet?
  • heathereh2015
    heathereh2015 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My friend did this, it worked for her. She chewed on gum (natural gum from a health food store near us) when she wanted to chew. She added stuff to the shake though- bananas, strawberries, Chia seeds, flax, etc. I think I remember her saying she had to add oil to the shake (maybe coconut or avacado). It's been 2 years and she still looks awesome! I'm going to try it and follow her advice!
  • MFD7576
    MFD7576 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Why would someone stick to an all liquid diet... Whats wrong with proper diet and exercise? Slow losses are permanent losses and your body is built to handle food, might as well let it work properly. Putting yourself on an all shake diet is the equivalent of buying a $3000 gaming laptop so you can have a calculator. Just do what you body is meant to do in proper moderation. Listen to your body, it tells a good story
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Lolz... a fool and their money.