third time's a charm, right?? needs encouraging

Options
This will be my third attempt at this in 3 years. I start strong and by the second week I'm over it. This third time around I'm going to fully use every resource possible. I realized I need support. No encouragement means giving up. So I am hopeful to find some fun people out here going through the same and encourage each other. I will start by saying that JUST by signing up, we are already taking the first step towards our goals. Good thoughts to everyone! :)

Replies

• mrsfarky354
    mrsfarky354 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I hear you..this is my third try this year. Like you I start out OK but after a couple weeks....life, work or something distracts me and I forget all about it. Hoping having a buddy will help with the challenge.
  • arielcapp683
    arielcapp683 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I know what both of you mean! I am so glad I found this app with so many people who are trying to better themselves, it motivates me!!
  • Mud_Runner
    Mud_Runner Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am on my third time too, and almost quit yesterday....
  • CookieBev
    CookieBev Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I look at it as a start of a forever lifestyle. The longer I'm on it, the more I love it. I read a book that says to tell yourself (and record it and listen to it too) that I weigh _____ lbs. your goal), I eat healthy, I'm athletic, etc. Even if you aren't tell yourself you are and it tricks your brain and your habits, etc. will start moving that direction. It's working for me. I've been doing this now for seven weeks.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Your best resource is yourself. Spend some time carefully reviewing what went wrong the other times and don't do it that way again. This requires a lot of reflection, but it is well worth it.
  • happyme1213
    happyme1213 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    THANKS FOR ALL THE KIND WORDS! I'LL KEEP AT IT.
  • natal94
    natal94 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I had surgery this time last year and gained almost 20 lbs since then because I could not even walk for half the year. I'm so upset with my body and it's gotten to the point where I just didn't care anymore. Especially because I have an extremely attractive boyfriend who loves me for me. But now I want him to be able to have an extremely attractive girlfriend as well. Whether he cares or not. I need some motivation as well. I've never had to restart my fitness journey, I was just always fit and now I'm not. A lot of muscle has atrophied. I would like to start this journey with all of you as well
  • tiffanydm4
    tiffanydm4 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This is also my third, fourth, fifth time. I do wonderful the first week, then give up. It's a mind game and I need to stay focus this time. I have three active boys and we are wanting another baby next year, so I need to get healthy for the upcoming pregnancy!!! I need motivation and inspiration!!! With the help from all us, we can do this together!!!
  • BroscienceTheory
    BroscienceTheory Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    It is better to try then not at all. My mother tried again, and now is almost done, you will join too at being successful.
  • melduf
    melduf Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I stopped counting how many times I tried... Support makes a huge difference. But in order for support to really work, you have to reach out when you're feeling low or struggling. Writing my goals on post-its and putting them everywhere really helped stay focused. I also like to set goals that force me to be in shape. Like signing up for a race, or doing a hike this summer.
    I log everyday. Feel free to add me :)