breakfasts under 200 calories- just startedmy diet

Options
2»

Replies

• pmm3437
    pmm3437 Posts: 529 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I used to buy Pillsbury Toaster Scrambles, for a convenient breakfast option. IIRC they run 170-190 cals per, had ok nutritional value. Pop em in the toaster while getting ready for work. I believe the Strudels are in the same cal range, as well as products from other vendors.

Stay away from the full breakfast sandwiches / bowls; cals will be much higher.

If your looking for an option to make yourself, try a quick scramble ....

wq3ae5xwonn4.jpg
    Thaw/Sweat the peppers and onions in the pan before adding egg and cheese.

Something like that will give you a decent, balanced start for the day. It wouldn't be enough for me, but may work for you. I actually make this with 2 eggs, I eat the whole muffin, and I add in 2 strips of bacon. OFC, that adds another 200 cals to the meal ...

• yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal. Filling and tasty.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Banana and a hard boiled egg = 183 calories
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    To keep me full I would be looking for protein, fat, and fiber

Raspberries 0.33 cup 21 calories (fiber) 
    Chobani - Lemon Greek Yogurt, 130 calories (protein) 
    Walnuts - 7 Walnut Halves 56 calories (fat) 

Total 207 calories. If you started with Dannon Light & Fit Greek (fake sugar)....the yogurt would be 80. You could toss in a couple tablespoons of Fiber One cereal. Nice & crunchy and additional fiber.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    If I eat breakfast, its around 200 calories. I frequently skip it altogether.
    I like vanilla Greek yogurt and some diced fresh fruit. Strawberries and bananas are good. On and peaches are in season here and very yummy. A bit (like 15 grams) of granola sprinkled on top for crunch.

You could scramble 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites (120 calories) with whatever diced veggies you like. I'd have onion, green pepper, and mushroom.

Sometimes I just munch on some melon. Watermelon is very low cal so you get a lot.
  • lizzocat
    lizzocat Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    for 200 calories I'll usually have two hardboiled eggs