VITAMINS !?!

Options
What vitamins do you take that you feel have helped you with weight lost?

(Not diet pills)

Replies

• RBracken34
    RBracken34 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I take a daily multivitamin. That's it. Helps me make sure I've gotten all my nutrients.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    a vitamin supplement will have no negative or positive effect on your weight loss. if you feel that you are not getting enough vitamins and minerals from food (which has been shown to be pretty unlikely) you do not need to take a supplement.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    There are literally zero vitamins that will "help" with weight loss.

Take a women's multi if you want, to cover all of your bases. Maybe fish oil if you don't eat a lot of fish.
  • elcollins24
    elcollins24 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I used to take heaps of multi vitamins a day...and now i dont...and i can see no difference!
    Except for being considerably richer!
  • Heydi79
    Heydi79 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks guys !!! I was just going over others peoples diary and they take like 8 different vitamins ... So I wasn't sure if I was missing out on something .... I do drink a lot of water and people always say not to drink too much because it might flush out important vitamins ...
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    If you eat a healthy, balanced diet, no vitamins necessary. If you don't - and almost none of us do, lol - a Centrum-type vitamin is a good idea.

Vitamins have helped me with energy, but I was very deficient - untestably low - for some. The deficiency was partly responsible for the fatigue, so the supplements helped.

If you aren't low - and the doctor will check when you have your physical - there's really no reason for those mega-dose energy vitamins,

Mega doses of "energy vitamins" - like the Bs - will not help you. Your body takes what it needs for right now and either stores or (more often than not) excretes the rest. When you take mega doses of the Bs, all you give yourself is more expensive urine. You're kind of literally pissing your money away.

Fwiw.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Heydi79 wrote: »
    Ok thanks guys !!! I was just going over others peoples diary and they take like 8 different vitamins ... So I wasn't sure if I was missing out on something .... I do drink a lot of water and people always say not to drink too much because it might flush out important vitamins ...

Unless you have some medical or psychological condition that compromises your sense of thirst, just trust it. People go a little overboard, IMO, with the whole water thing. Drink when you're thirsty. Healthy bodies are very good at letting you know when they need water. Trust yours.

Don't make it harder than it needs to be, you know?
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    No vitamin will lead to weight-loss, however, if you're lacking in some you made feel tired or lethargic. In general, a good multi-vitamin will do the job. If you're worried about a deficiency, you can ask your doc to run a blood panel to get D, iron, etc., levels and make sure you're not deficient.

When you reduce caloric intake to lose weight, it can be hard to get 100% of the RDA of everything in your diet.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Take a multivitamin meant for women. Low iron can make you tired and that can make you want to eat so taking a multi with iron is useful. I like 1 a Day women's active metabolism. It has caffeine and since I do not drink coffee it is kinda my morning wake up aid before I hit the gym. I take Arginine to avoid some of the muscle fatigue stuff, I am not sure if it is working or if I just got used to lifting but I did feel less jelly arms after taking it for a couple weeks. Its like everything else though, you can get it through food if you watch macros very carefully.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Oh I do take fish oil too. I don't eat much fish and I do eat plenty of other meats so I figured I could either start forcing fish on the family or just take the pill form. The teenagers made faces about the fish so the pill won.