General Motors Cleanse

Options
Hello beautiful people!(: Has anyone tries the General Motors cleanse, or have any thoughts on it? :D
http://www.iimahd.ernet.in/~jajoo/gmdiet.html

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    From the link: "This program is designed for a target weight loss of 10-17 lbs per week".

:noway: It ain't gonna be 10-17 lbs of fat.

All fruit one day, all veggies the next, then a combo of the two, then a day of all milk and bananas...??

Temporary changes = temporary results. No thanks. Much better off following a sustainable plan, a lifestyle change that you can stick with forever. I've had my best success eating over 1800 calories a day, including foods I love like burgers, pizza, ice cream, alcohol, etc - no gimmicks, no temporary diets.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    It's complete BS.
  • Sean_The_IT_Guy
    Options
    Sounds like a diet that would make you run inefficiently on your fuel and blow head gaskets all the time.
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Wait this cleanse is not suggesting a fuel injector flush and oil change every 10,000 miles? My cars gonna be p*ssed off.
  • sparkle814
    sparkle814 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I did actually do a very similar version of this diet when I was a teenager. I lost about ten pounds in the week. In retrospect I'm sure that was mostly water and muscle and it was probably not healthy. I was also miserable the whole time. I wouldn't recommend it. :/
  • Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    A diet named after General Motors? Run, run far away!

And as I recall, if it was really invented in 1985, GM made some pretty dang crappy cars then. So if they really ate like this, no wonder the cars sucked.
  • apoorvasaur
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback!
  • krisalyn117
    Options
    It may not provide permanent weight loss results, but I'm sure it cleans out the body without making you starve. Which could help if you have a lot of toxic build up inside.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    From the link: "This program is designed for a target weight loss of 10-17 lbs per week".

:noway: It ain't gonna be 10-17 lbs of fat.

All fruit one day, all veggies the next, then a combo of the two, then a day of all milk and bananas...??

Temporary changes = temporary results. No thanks. Much better off following a sustainable plan, a lifestyle change that you can stick with forever. I've had my best success eating over 1800 calories a day, including foods I love like burgers, pizza, ice cream, alcohol, etc - no gimmicks, no temporary diets.

My cousin from Cali I think did something similar. She said on FB that she needed a cleanse and wanted to get healthy, lose weight. I think she also mentioned starting up P90X. I told her it's not going to work, posted before and after pics of myself on FB, which I rarely do. Gave her advice and numerous links including MFP. She ignored my advice. Never posted another update after day 4. Oh well.
  • diamier
    diamier Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, like it's said, this is for their employees. Perhaps, it just helps to lose 10lbs per week for overweight people, but I'm not sure if it will be like that for healthy people. By the way, fast weight loss doesn't promise you happy life - you have to overthink twice, before trying so restricted diet. In my opinion, the best is just a healthy lifestyle, not that diet, which helps temporary loose weight. If the diet in human's body is designed to be permanent, then would you eat only fruits and vegetables for the rest of your life? I guess not! "GM" should try to introduce people in a healthy lifestyle, but I guess putting people in this destroying diet not only gives them applauses for "their employees health" because of fast weight loss, but also it is more cheaper than courses on a healthy lifestyle.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    It may not provide permanent weight loss results, but I'm sure it cleans out the body without making you starve. Which could help if you have a lot of toxic build up inside.

The whole concept that toxins build up in your body and need to be cleansed is a myth created and perpetuated by the cleanse industry. Your body has it's own cleansing mechanisms (i.e., your kidneys). If that isn't doing the job, you don't need a shake, you need medical attention. A toxin buildup in your body doesn't make it less efficient, it makes it dead. Cleanses have no scientific backing or FDA scrutiny (since they are not technically a drug, and can therefore do pretty much whatever they please), and have no benefit beyond the placebo effect. At most, you might feel a little better after a cleanse simply because you haven't been eating obscene amounts of calorie dense and nutrient poor foods for the last few days.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options