Awkward Gym Layouts

Options
MissJacquelineN
MissJacquelineN Posts: 175 Member
The gym I go to has the strangest layout: elliptical machines and stair climbing machines are on a slightly elevated platform right in front of the weight room area. It's a bit awkward as your butt is front and center for all to see, all the time. Does anyone else go to a gym where the layout isn't thoroughly thought out? ... Or maybe it's actually ingeniously planned that way? :)

Replies

• Prisme
    Prisme Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    The goodlife fitness that I went to had the weights in the corner of the gym and all the treadmills and elipticals in front so you got to stare at all the butts on the treadmills and elipticals.
  • MissJacquelineN
    Options
    The goodlife fitness that I went to had the weights in the corner of the gym and all the treadmills and elipticals in front so you got to stare at all the butts on the treadmills and elipticals.

I'm thinking they may do that on purpose! :) It makes it super awkward sometimes.
    My butt is already huge, I'm pretty sure people don't need to be so close to see it!
  • operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    The Y I go to has a set of free weight things right next to a door thats frequently used, you either have to go completely away from the station, or stand in the door way to use the weights :p its kind of annoying :p
  • Prisme
    Prisme Posts: 65 Member
    Options

I'm thinking they may do that on purpose! :) It makes it super awkward sometimes.
    My butt is already huge, I'm pretty sure people don't need to be so close to see it!

I think you may be right. As most are men in the weight section and most are women on the treadmills!
  • MissJacquelineN
    Options
    Mine has the scales right next to do the door.. with a large screen to display your weight to those walking through!
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    the gym i use to go to you had to go up stairs to use the elliptical machines , bike seacond row third row had treadmill and two rowing machines. then there was other equipment there but the ones use the elliptical machines pretty much over looked the gym floor where the classes where and the free weights where down stairs behind the gym floor. plus there was a pool right there in your face it was weird
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Mine has the scales right next to do the door.. with a large screen to display your weight to those walking through!

Oh that is funny!
  • MissJacquelineN
    Options
    @ Michael- I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be a fan of the gym you used to go to!

I wish I could just go in one day and move everything the way it should be!