I need a safe place to scream.

Options
Seriously. I lift heavy. I run long distance. I have eaten perfect for 2 years. My "saddlebags" and cellulite will. Not. Budge.

In fact, I think my thighs might actually gotten like an inch BIGGER since January this year. How?! I just seriously don't understand why my body refuses to just submit to my lifestyle.... it's been about 2 and a half years of this lifestyle and I am starting to become obsessive over my thigh-flaws in a bad way... what gives?! I just need to vent.... I honestly don't know what else to do.

Replies

• SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    embrace the beautiful body you've created. a healthy strong body is the most beautiful body, with or without saddlebags.
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    It's just the way your body carries its weight. Nothing wrong with it either. You would probably have to diet down to a very low body fat % to get rid of them, and they might not completely disappear. Probably 90% of the female population has cellulite somewhere on her body. It is not a flaw, it's just connective tissue, and since women carry more body fat than men it is generally more visible on women. Photoshopped magazines and "beauty" companies have told us we are flawed because they want to sell us the solution to our "flaws". You're beautiful, don't believe the lies.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Are you overweight? If not and you have reached your ideal range, then maybe it is time to learn to love your body the way it is built. We all have body parts we wish were different, but if you end up focusing on the details you hate, you are never going to feel happy with yourself. And chances are, you are the only one noticing them.
  • Caitoriri
    Caitoriri Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Probably 90% of the female population has cellulite somewhere on her body. It is not a flaw, it's just connective tissue, and since women carry more body fat than men it is generally more visible on women. Photoshopped magazines and "beauty" companies have told us we are flawed because they want to sell us the solution to our "flaws". You're beautiful, don't believe the lies.
    ^^This, so much. I've seen slim people who have more visible cellulite than I had at my heaviest weight.
    As for your thighs getting bigger, well... if you're a long distance runner it seems pretty normal that you'd have bigger, stronger legs.
    It's easy to get swept away with the vanity side of weight loss, but in the end we should really just be concerned with the health side. If we all concentrated on that, we'd be so much happier.
  • fbinsc
    fbinsc Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Cortisol, the stress hormone is your enemy. Make sure you get enough sleep, avoid anxiety, limit cardio to 45 minute sessions, favor intervals over long steady state pace and do lifts that recruit a lot of big muscles at once. Avoid eating large amounts of food at once, go for 300-400 cals per feed, spreading your needed intake out over the day. If you eat sugars do it immediately after a workout, and eat slow digesting peotein like casein (eg cottage cheese) right before bed. Trying too hard will ironically leave your body pumping out stress hormones that make you store fat. Avoid that for a better life, and you might find the added benefit of losing fat.