Gained all but 4 of the lbs I lost... Need some supportive pals

Options
Hello All,

I am Lisa. I am 26 yo, I am 5’4” and I have 40lb to lose.
I started MFP last October and I had managed to lose 15lb and got down to my lowest weight in a long time: 169lb (which is just over 12 stone). I crept back into the 170s, but told myself I would never make it back to the 180s. This morning I weighed in at 180.6lb. I am devastated that I let myself become so complacent with my weight loss, at such an early stage as well – I was not even half way to my goal!

I am currently 180.6lb and I want to be 140lb (10 stone). I would love to have some more pals on my list who have similar goals. I have a few friends already, who are all great! But most of my friends are maintaining. I think I need some more losers in my friends list. :smile:

Thanks!

Replies

• atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    You'll probably get more friends if you would make your profile public.
  • Local_Atlantis
    Local_Atlantis Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I thought it was public! Thank you for pointing it out, @atypicalsmith I have changed it back.
  • terricherry2
    terricherry2 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Been there, currently almost back to starting from the beginning myself. Just remember you did it once, you can do it now!
  • MrsJane05
    MrsJane05 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi there, count me in!
    I did the same last week, jumped on the scales and had put on weight once again. Last year I lost almost 20kgs, I have put all that back on plus extra. Last week (Wednesday) was the final straw, so I have started logging again, been exercising, and starting to feel a little better already.
    Happy to help you if I can, or just be there if you need someone.
    Tomorrow is 'weigh day' and I am really looking forward to it, because I know that there must be a loss...will keep you posted.
    Take care
    Jane
  • AVT78
    AVT78 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Back in April/May of this year I lost 15 lbs and even though I refuse to step on the scale I'm pretty sure I have gained it all back. My jeans are as loose as they were and my eating has been bad.

I agree with an above poster, If we did it before - we can do it again!!

Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • crazybabyred35
    crazybabyred35 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You know, we all have moments like this. It happens. It doesn't mean it's the end.... you can wake up the next morning and its a brand new opportunity to start again. Day by day.. that is how I do it. You can do this!
  • Rebekahl87
    Rebekahl87 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Boy, do I know how you feel! Of the many times I started and quit, 15 lbs was my max loss and I got comfortable or gave up all together because I wasn't seeing the results as quickly as I wanted. There's nothing worse than the feeling that you have to start all over again. I'm coming to realize that this isn't just eating better and exercising until I reach my goal weight; it has to be a permanent lifestyle change for me to keep the weight off. I've now lost 33 lbs, 47 more to go. I'm with you!
  • george7527
    george7527 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    It's never too late to start again. It is a change that continue through out life. At least you have got hold before it gets out of your control. feel free to add me im also in UK