Whole wheat bread, wraps, pitta or bagels?

Options
2»

Replies

• ercarroll311
    ercarroll311 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    It would depend on what's in them. That sounds obvious, but do a side-by-side comparison for calories, fiber, carbs, protein, etc. That'll help you decide which will help you feel most full, give you the most nutritional benefit, and will fit best into your goals.

But really, you can make any of them fit, as others have suggested. The best piece of diet advice I can give is to find a way to still enjoy what you're eating. If you love bagels, make them fit. Maybe not everyday, but I've found completely giving up what you love makes a diet hard to stay on.

Best of luck!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I get my fibre from raspberries and general diet and am happy with the fibre content of a decent farmhouse white tbh
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Eat what you like that fits into your calories/macros.

I get Arnold Nature's Own Light Multi-grain bread. 40 calories a slice. Moist and tastes great. Great for sandwiches.

For tortillas/wraps I usually get Tumaro's wraps. 80-90 calories and they're humongous.

Arnold also has pita pocket thins for 100 calories.

Thomas' has thin bagels for 100-110 calories.

Find what works for you.
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I eat Aunt Millie's Whole Grain 35 calorie a slice bread. Not dry like so many other diet breads.

I'm trying this! The 35 calorie bread I eat definitely is dry.

Aunt Millie has a 35 calorie honey wheat, too, but I always prefer a whole grain.