Protein Powder Suggestions

Options
BettyM1017
BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
I need a protein powder suggestion. I do a lot of juicing. Yes, I eat real food, too, but for various health reasons, my husband and I have been making "green" juices for a couple of our meals each day. However, I've found that I need to add protein to mine to help get me through my work day. We've been using an unflavored powder by Jarrow that's been great except for one thing: soy! I cannot have soy at all. It really messes with my monthly cycle!!

So, I'm looking for suggestions for a protein powder that is unflavored, dissolves easily, and does not contain soy. Thank you!!

Replies

• Texan1976
    Texan1976 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I use Garden of Life products, but they do require a blender to mix well. The vanilla flavor is the most neutral that mixes well with most veggie smoothies.
  • bubbabacon
    bubbabacon Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Quest. I love it and it has no nasty after taste. Try Vanilla :)
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I would get a whey protein.... They mix better than plant based imo, not gritty or dirty tasting.

There are plenty of natural, unflavoured ones available without unnecessary additives/fillers etc

I'd suggest making at least one of your juices in to a smoothie so you keep the fibre. Add your protein and some fat (nut butter or avocado is good) and it should "last" even longer!
  • JenD1066
    JenD1066 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Whole Foods has an organic pea protein powder that is unflavored, and mixes well with green juices, smoothies and soups.
  • ungeneric
    ungeneric Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    The only protein powder I've tried that was genuinely flavorless was Isopure Zero Carb unflavored. After my stomach surgery I blended it into everything and it worked really well. Low calorie, undiscernable flavor, doesn't smell bad.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I use Sunwarrior's Clasic Brown Rice Protein. It's easy to digest, not gritty and does not clump up. Also both chocolate and the vanilla flavor taste great.
  • faithgirlfl
    faithgirlfl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I use the Whey Protein by Jay Robb - Vanilla -- tastes yummy! I usually just mix it with unsweetened original almond milk!
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I love Unjury, either of the chocolate flavors. Unfortunately you have to order online.
  • Francine_rivas
    Francine_rivas Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    BettyM1017 wrote: »
    I need a protein powder suggestion. I do a lot of juicing. Yes, I eat real food, too, but for various health reasons, my husband and I have been making "green" juices for a couple of our meals each day. However, I've found that I need to add protein to mine to help get me through my work day. We've been using an unflavored powder by Jarrow that's been great except for one thing: soy! I cannot have soy at all. It really messes with my monthly cycle!!

So, I'm looking for suggestions for a protein powder that is unflavored, dissolves easily, and does not contain soy. Thank you!!
    Vegaone it's kinda expensive but it's so good for you. It's 30 dollars for 12 servings. You can get it at whole foods