What do you eat for breakfast??

Options
Looking for new inspiration. Atm I have either scrambled eggs, avocado on toast or granola.

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    my current go to is spinach, mushrooms, egg whites scrambled with laughing cow light .. then cheddar on top and microwaved for 20 seconds .. served over toast with lots of black pepper

Also used to like porridge with honey

Greek yogurt and berries is more of a snack but people can eat for breakfast I assume

Bacon and egg toasted sandwich for the win

Roast vegetables (you can get them frozen) in an omelette with grated cheese and ketchup

Toast, cottage cheese, avocado and tomato
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Today, a homemade egg "mcmuffin", 300 cals. Other times, bacon egg and cheese taco, 250-280 cals. I try to always have some sweet fruit along with them (blueberries, pineapple, whatever's in season at the market).
  • pixelatedsun
    pixelatedsun Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm not a "breakfast person" - I take a cup of yogurt to work, go for a 1k step walk around my building at 9 am, come back, eat the yogurt, drink 4 cups of water, and I'm good until lunch at 12:30. Then I have a snack around 3, dinner around 6, and a bedtime snack around 9.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Four scrambled eggs with chipotle salt and cheddar cheese, oatmeal with honey, and strawberries.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Pretty much every day I eat a piece of toast with 1 T almond butter (ATM rudi's gluten free multi grain and squirrel but company almond butter-not a gluten free person but the bread is good!) pre workout with coffee and water. Post workout 3 pieces of oscar Meyer turkey bacon and either scrambled egg whites or one extra large egg cooked over medium. On weekends we might have pig bacon or chicken apple sausage links by al fresco.
  • chismmegan
    chismmegan Posts: 45 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Lately I haven't been too hungry. Just a handful of unlogged cashews (helps treat my depression) but when I was eating more for breakfast I would make my own egg sandwich with turkey sausage and a slice of cheese on a wheat english muffin. Also eat one of those Choboni Flip yogurts on lighter days.

Those are my work go-to's, during the weekends I usually make an spinach omelet and put some of the laughing cow spreadable swiss cheese on it.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Eggs, every single day. You can make easy breakfast sandwiches as well. Yogurt with some fruit. A protein shake. Peanut butter toast. Protein pancakes. You can also eat leftovers; it does not HAVE to be "breakfast" food. Whatever you will eat is what you need to have.
  • sebenza512
    sebenza512 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    It is summer now, so I have 6-8 oz of greek yogurt, a cup of fresh fruit (berries of any kind, peaches, nectarines, or combo) and a splash of milk to make it easier to mix up. Farmer's market fruit is already sweet, so no sugar needed. A quarter cup of Kashi gives it all some crunch. This is less than 300 cals.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Typically fried eggs on lightly buttered toast with a slice of cheese. Plus coffee, of course - 2 cups on training days, 1 on non-training days.

On days of heavy training, 4 eggs; on non-training or deload days, 3 eggs. If we have turkey eggs, however, then it's just 3 of those, heavy training or not.
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Green smoothie, two hard boiled eggs and a protein bar. 500-550 calorie breakfasts don't work for everyone, but they work for me.
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Today is baked apples and bananas:

Baked Apples and Bananas

1 large OR 2 small apples, peeled and cored
    1 Banana, sliced
    1 Tbsp raisins
    Cinnamon
    1/4 cup raw walnut pieces

Peel, core and slice apple/s.

Slice banana.

Arrange on paper plate.

Add cinnamon and raisins.

Put in microwave for 4 min.

Add 1/4 cup raw walnut pieces.

Eat.
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Eggs and veggies (usually spinach plus something else) and a couple slices of bacon.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I always have a serving of fruit and 1 cup of milk with coffee. And then I have one of the following:

- Noosa yogurt and a granola bar
    - soft boiled eggs on toast
    - scrambled eggs plus toast
    - cottage cheese and a granola bar

On the weekend I sometimes also have a bit of bacon.
  • njmark72
    njmark72 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    6 Tablespoons of LiquidEggs Egg Whites = 50 calories
    4 strips of Hormel Microwave Bacon = 70 calories
    1 Tablespoon of Maple Gardens Sugar free syrup = 15 calories
    1 Cup of tea with skim milk and splenda

< 155 calories
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    waffle with peanut butter, or multigrain English muffin, egg, cheese and sometimes a slice of meat

and coffee
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast food so I eat a variety of things. Weekday breakfasts are usually muesli, cereal, porridge, refridgerator oats, with fruit and coffee. Weekend breakfasts usually include bacon, eggs, toast or avocado.
  • mrswattsfresh
    mrswattsfresh Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Plain Greek yogurt with granola and/or fruit, or multi-grain English muffin with a nut butter. Sometimes oatmeal and an egg. Hot tea with whatever I'm eating.
  • SkinnyGirlCarrie
    SkinnyGirlCarrie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    coffee with a hard boiled egg, then a bit later either cottage cheese or greek yogurt with some fruit mixed in. when it's cold out I like oatmeal, with fruit mixed in.
  • MellyPfromVT
    MellyPfromVT Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Usually a smoothie with Wyman's Frozen Blueberries, Cherries, Strawberries and Kale, a banana, 1 tbs. peanut butter, 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk and 1/2 c. plain greek yogurt.

Today, I had Oatmeal Blueberry Muffins with a Granola Topping. Yummy!