strange nsv

mrso97
mrso97 Posts: 147 Member
i have been very active on this site since oct 2012..down 28 lbs...and i exercise every day.....yesterday my husband went to visit friends..his friends wife asked him how his "skinny" wife was..( i guess that's me) and proceeded to complain about being heavy...my husband got right to the point..he told her...."my wife started by walking the dogs....rain or snow..didn't matter she walked them...then she started exercising more...running and eating really healthy...my wife worked hard...its not easy...and she looks amazing...if you want come by...any morning..6 am and you can walk with her before work...if you don't want to walk..you can come by around 4 and take a run with her..or get on the elliptical or treadmill...she does that everyday...or if you don't want to do that...you can come by around 7 or 8 in the evening ....she walks the dogs then too.....she also works full time..my house is spotless and she cooks every night.." i never thought my husband really noticed..but i guess he did ...she called me today and told me all of this....then she asked me if i wanted to go get an ice cream....?????????????

Replies

• MsAnn07
    MsAnn07 Posts: 172 Member
    Strange??? I call it a beautiful affirmation of your success!!! As soon as you see your husband give him the biggest hug and kiss and say Thank You!!!
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    amen sister! This is awesome. Our husbands notice a lot more than we think they do! Congrats
  • JunkFoodJane
    JunkFoodJane Posts: 150 Member
    Haha! Good for both you and him!
  • rgrin
    rgrin Posts: 67 Member
    Awesome hubby! I's sure you are both so proud of each other.
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Love this !!!! Now kiss that wonderful husband of yours !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Yes you give that man a big hug and kiss and let him know you think he's great. Seems he is very impressed with you.
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Awesome!! That is fantastic and so sweet. You are doing really well. :flowerforyou:
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    I love this!

Sometimes the ones closest to us find it most difficult to tell us these things, but it doesn't mean they don't think them.
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    What a guy you have! You're doing it right.
    The gal, though, she may feel threatened. Like when an alcoholic gives up alcohol, he gets the same reaction from his drinking buddies. Be kind, share what you're doing if she really wants to know, and when she's ready, she'll get to work on what she already knows she has to do.
    And yeah, kiss that hubby of yours for me, too! It's so great when you have support like that.
  • Timmmy40
    Timmmy40 Posts: 152 Member
    Nice NSV Skinny Wife!! Rock it girl!!
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    That is so sweet. He sounds like a keeper. It is odd they find it easier to tell others than to tell us, but my husband has done the same. Ice cream??? Really, sounds like she didn't really pay attention as well as your hubby has been. :laugh:
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    that's really sweet of him!!!
  • castelluzzo99
    castelluzzo99 Posts: 313 Member
    Wow! I'd say he's really proud of you!
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    So sweet of him! :smile:
  • CeddysMum
    CeddysMum Posts: 101 Member
    Not strange ... that's a Great NSV!!! And you deserve it, too!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!