Beating Diabetes

Options
In February my A1C was at 8.7% - crazy high. The doctor helped me understand how dangerous this was and it was like the Lord flipped a switch in my brain. Yesterday, June 22, I visited my doctor and have lost a total of 75 lbs., my blood pressure is down, and my A1C? 5.2%! I am feeling so much better and better about myself.
Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

Replies

• Swanson83
    Swanson83 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful! Keep it up!
  • rather_be_snacking
    rather_be_snacking Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Mine are around 6.8 right now. Keep on going!
  • 5dales
    5dales Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    your story is inspirational, Michael! Keep up the great work.

• bobwest185
    bobwest185 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Wonderful progress. I have increased my efforts on blood sugar control and am hoping for something in the high 5s or low 6s at my next checkup (2nd week of July) down from 7.5%. You are setting a strong example.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Congrats. I completely agree with your statement ... Praise God from whom all blessings flow. Please understand you do not and can not defeat Diabetes. You can put it to sleep with diet changes, weight loss, and exercise. But once you have it... You never get rid of it. It can and will come roaring back sometime in the future. Continue to test.
  • khill5555
    khill5555 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is a huge success!!!
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Praise God from whom all blessings flow!
  • fernandaBush
    fernandaBush Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    God, not the doctor?
  • kthompson601
    kthompson601 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your hard work! 75 pounds is a lot of weight to lose, and your health has improved so much! You should be very proud!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    You have done wonderful work. Keep feeling great about what you are accomplishing :mrgreen:
  • kashe69
    kashe69 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Fight the good fight. I'm 5.0 from 7.9 and have stopped my blood pressure meds (2) and not gone on any diabetes meds. Over 80 pounds down and counting
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!