Calories burned with Buti?

Options
I just tried a couple of the Buti workouts on Youtube (GoodEarthTea channel). How many calories does it burn? I sweat like crazy and it kills me, but I want to make sure before I buy the program. I've scoured the Buti website and googled it as well with no luck. Could somebody help me, please? Thanks!

Replies

• missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I believe they are considered a 'yoga' type workout... so I would log it under yoga or if you can use a HRM to get a more accurate calculation thats even better.

Great job trying it out.. I watched a bit of it.. looks intense
  • liawilderman
    Options
    I was trying to find out how many calories it burned too. I know it's a yoga type exercise but it seems to kill me twenty times more.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2013/03/27/butifitness-at-sparrow-studios-burns-calories/

That was a link I found that I guess estimated the calories. It said between 800 and 1200 an hour, depending on how intense you are with it. If you're like me with no rhythm probably on the lower side.

I made my own exercise on myfitnesspal for it.
  • BUTIgirl212516
    BUTIgirl212516 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Can this question be reopened? I've been doing these exercises every day!
  • andreakrigby
    andreakrigby Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a newly certified Buti Yoga instructor. The Buti classes burn between 500-800 calories. It all depends on your individual fitness level and effort put in to the workout, as well as the intensity of the instructor. I personally like a lot of high intensity moves and cardio exercise incorporated into my class. This ups that calorie burn to the upper end.