HELP!! Weightloss Plateau

Options
2»

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I use my diary daily.

but we can't see it to see if there are issues...

Typically "plateaus" which are really just eating at maintenance are due to logging issues...

choosing wrong entries, over estimating burns from exercise stuff like that...we can't really help you out until you open it up..but that's up to you.
  • TheJobCannon
    TheJobCannon Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm only commenting because I had a similar situation, and how I fixed it surprised me -- I was stuck at 205 for about 2 & 1/2 weeks despite having a weekly deficit of 12,000 calories. I went on maintenance (best I could - I run a lot so it's hard to eat everything back) - and was surprised to see that I dropped 5lbs by the end of that week. Seems my body is now "rebooted" and back to doing what it had been doing for the previous 5 months, normal losses.

Probably won't work for everyone, but worked for me.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    Weight loss is not linear. Some days you lose, some days you stay the same, some days you gain. The long-term trend is what matters.

"Days" is not a long enough time to expect results. If you're doing everything 'correctly' over a month's time and you're not losing, THEN maybe take a look at things and adjust.

^This.

Also, you can't expect to keep losing weight at a lb a day. That is not sustainable at all. Eat a moderate deficit, weigh everything you eat, and aim for about a lb per week.
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I just personally ended a 22 day plateau. I promise you that if you are certain on your calorie intake, meaning measuring and weighing everything, it will go down. I was drinking a lot more water than usual towards the end of it which I think may have helped.