some history of me and muscle gain?

Options
Hi i am a female, 21 years old. 5 feet 2 inches. Back in December 2012 (last year) i weighed 135 lbs. never have i weighed so much! so i decided to go to the gym and lose weight. i consumed 1500 calories and i ate healthy food. at the gym i would run 3 miles, 4 times a week. I only did cardio.

3 months later i lost 10 lbs. now i want to gain muscle. i want abs and nice toned legs. i do not know if i should change my diet? exercise routine? i am currently not taking any protein shakes or anything. please be detailed on what i should do? should i increase my calorie intake? protein intake?

Replies

• rick_po
    rick_po Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    New Rules of Lifting for Women is a book with a very nice beginner's weight lifting routine, along with some diet advice. I don't think the diet part is all that great, but it'll give you an idea of what you need to do even if the details aren't all that useful.

There's a group right here on myfitnesspal that does a great job clearing up the confusing parts of the book.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/119-new-rules-of-lifting-for-women-nrol4w-