Options
2»

Replies

• richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Ohmydaze wrote: »
    Fitbit tells me something like 1300 for TDEE. I increased to 50g carbs because I found myself going over my initial goal of 30 just with veggies and peanut butter. I'm 5'2, 130lb.
    Doesn't sound right at all. I am calculating a sedentary TDEE of 1577, assuming you have pretty low body fat. You didn't provide an estimate of your body fat. You also didn't say if you are eating back your exercise calories or not. If you are not eating them back, then 1200 is too low for you, and that is definitely the reason you are tired.
  • Ohmydaze
    Ohmydaze Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    richln wrote: »
    Fitbit tells me something like 1300 for TDEE. I increased to 50g carbs because I found myself going over my initial goal of 30 just with veggies and peanut butter. I'm 5'2, 130lb.
    Doesn't sound right at all. I am calculating a sedentary TDEE of 1577, assuming you have pretty low body fat. You didn't provide an estimate of your body fat. You also didn't say if you are eating back your exercise calories or not. If you are not eating them back, then 1200 is too low for you, and that is definitely the reason you are tired.

Yep, got mixed up with BMR. I don't know my bodyfat. Online calculators tell me 23%. And I just eat when I'm hungry.
  • richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    richln wrote: »

Yep, got mixed up with BMR. I don't know my bodyfat. Online calculators tell me 23%. And I just eat when I'm hungry.

OK at 23% your sedentary TDEE is about 1623. Following a "reckless" 25% deficit setting is 1217 calories/day. That will leave you totally drained after doing that for a month straight. That is for SEDENTARY calculations. I hope you have been eating your exercise calories back.