Help in transition to maintence

Options
I'm almost at my goal weight, only about a pound over what I think I want my range to be. So I know I need to transition to more calories slowly. And to a way that I can live with, without feeling deprived or I won't keep it up. I'm struggling with getting the protein and calories up without feeling like I'm being unhealthy and will gain weight again.

I would love to have a few friends where I can look at your food logs and see what maintence or near that looks like for you. Especially anyone with similar-ish goals. I'm 49 yo female, 5'7", currently 149 lbs. current calorie goal is 1620. Will go to ~1870 for maintaining, plus 200ish for walking (about 2 miles most days).

Replies

• MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Best you can do is slowly add back in calories till you get to the point where you maintain weight week-to-week.....
    Once that happens, stay at that calorie level.
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and maintaining for the most part at 158... I eat around 2000 or so calories most days and work out 4-5 days a week with weights. I rarely cardio any more because it is boring (to me). If you feel like adding me, go for it :) I am not quite to the weight I'd like to be but almost. Your weight is my goal weight.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Yeah, add in 50 or 100 or whatever calories a day for a week. If you're super-cautious, you could hold there for a few weeks then repeat until you hover within your range.