Starting to calorie count again and always hungry

Options
2»

Replies

• emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Exercise so you can eat more. Exercise is also an appetite suppressant. Works for me!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    You've had some great advice here.

I've never got the drink more water to feel full thing... But that got put to the test last night. My husband made a stir fry, to which he added an obscene amount of chili!! I only had a small bowl, but I drank a whole litre bottle of water while eating it, and I couldn't finish as I was so stuffed. Not from the food, but all that water. Now it's unheard of for me not to finish my meal and also to feel so stuffed from such a small amount. So in this case drinking all that water definitely did the trick. Lesson for today, add lots of chili to your food :tongue:
  • Varamyr38
    Varamyr38 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'd be constantly hungry if I had to restrict myself to 1300 calories too. I eat from 1800-2100 cals a day. If you're really hungry and you're sure all your food is weighed properly, just do some exercising so you can have another meal.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    For myself, saving a larger portion of lean protein and increased fiber intake for the end of day (time when I struggle the most with hunger) has helped me stay within my calorie range. Individuals can lose weight doing a variety of different things if they keep it with in the CICO framework. Switch it up a bit, try different things. Skip meals, eat lots of small meals, more water, switch macros up and down, exercise more or at different times etc. all while staying at a deficit. With each new thing rate your hunger, keep what works and ditch the rest.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    You may not actually be hungry. Your body may just be used to so much food it is asking for what it's used to. Drink a glass of water. If you're truly hungry 20-30 minutes later have a small (=< 100 calories) snack).
  • blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water. And perhaps choose a less restrictive calorie goal. You don't have to lose it all overnight.
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I'd suspect you have your weight loss goal set at more than 1lb/week. You only have 34 pounds to lose according to your ticker. Adjust your loss goal, move a bit more to earn extra calories and you'll be fine.
  • tabby_123
    tabby_123 Posts: 80 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Thank you everyone for this wealth of advice! I honestly was surprised to wake up and see how many people commented on this post with great, thorough advice. Everyone has been really helpful and suggested methods that I believe will really help. I believe I'm going to start by eating more fibrous and protein-filled food and drink more water (admittedly it's very difficult for me to drink water). My current rate of loss is about 1.67 lbs per week, so if the hunger persists, I may consider upping my calories a few hundred calories. I'll update and let y'all know if my constant hunger subsides! Thanks again everyone. :smile:

Also, to answer some questions, I'm 5'4'' and 179 lbs, trying to get down to 145.