Looking for suggestions!

Options
mandilee215
mandilee215 Posts: 8 Member
edited June 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey there. I'm 26f and I'm looking to loose weight (roughly about 30 or so lbs) and to tone up, mostly my stomach and legs.
I'm about 160 lbs at 5'6" and a fat percentage of 31.8
I feel like I'm starting to eat decent but like today, after working out and eating my three meals for the day, it says I still need 1300 cals.
What are some things I can do to help achieve what I want?

I'm up for suggestions for my diet, my workout, etc. Thank you!

Edit: Just adding in a few things that people asked about.

I measure my food with a scale and measuring spoons, etc (even the condiments).
Yes, I've been working out. Mostly been doing some circuit training (jumping jacks, crunches, weight lifting, etc).
I don't have a fitbit or a personal tracker so I have to enter in my information through MFP and hope that it is as close to accurate as can be atm.
And MFP has set my calorie goal for 1580 a day. I am hoping to loose about 1-2 lbs a week.

Replies

• W_Stewart
    W_Stewart Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Just eat a little more if you are hungry. I looked at your food diary and I would recommend adding something like a yogurt or boiled egg with breakfast (or mid-morning snack like I do).

You have room to add a tasty, nutritious bread to your lunch. I recently discovered a crazy delicious bread at Trader Joe's called Rustico bread (multi-grain). 2 slices would add about 160 calories and those are very tasty calories.

I don't see any snacks. I like to add a 1/4 cup of mixed nuts to my afternoon and try to squeeze in a piece of fruit too.

Like you I was struggling to hit my net calorie goal and had to "snack up" to get there. But the weight has dropped like clockwork hitting at or near my calorie goal. Don't be afraid to eat to your goal.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    1.How are you measuring your food?
    2.Do you have a food scale?
    3.Do you exercise?
    4.If so, how do you calculate your calories burned?
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Couple of quick questions that will help others to be able to help you meet your calorie needs.

Did you weigh all of your foods on a scale to try and get the most accurate calorie count? What about any liquids or condiments that you used on your foods?

After working out, how did you determine your calories burned while exercising? MFP grossly exaggerates your calorie burn and most people eat 1/3 to 1/2 of those calories back t o make sure that they remain in a calorie deficit.

What did you eat for today? What is your daily calorie goal and how many pounds are you trying to lose each week?

• alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    First throw toning out of your dictionary. You either lose fat or gain muscle. (or maintain.)

You cannot spot reduce so to lose on your stomach and legs you will just have to maintain a deficit until your body starts using the fat around those spots as energy. This might be after losing 5lb, it may be after losing 40lb. It's down to genetics. Just lose consistently and they will eventually leave! (I'm currently 32lb down this year, last time I was down 40+, I still haven't seen changes in my love handles but I'm going to keep pushing until I do.)

To hit your calorie goals eat foods packed with calories. As the above said nuts are good, but peanut butter is even better (imo)! I've found milk is an easy way to add calories (full fat, even 500ml jugs are about 350 calories and I usually do that in one sitting)