Ways to exercise without having access to a gym.

Options
Hell everyone,

I live in an area where there isn't a public gym to use, and therefore I don't know what to do for workouts. I tried DIly Burn, and enjoyed it at first, but then I couldn't find a program that worked for me.

Any suggestions???

Replies

• whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Walking. Running. Bicycling.
  • melodyis4reals
    melodyis4reals Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Join the Home Fitness Group!
  • lesslerz2014
    lesslerz2014 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Sworkit App
  • amandadunwoody
    amandadunwoody Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I like fitnessblender workouts on YouTube. I'm currently doing the 5 day workout challenge. I'm pretty new to fitness so I mostly do the lower impact versions of everything, but I'm drenched at the end of the workout. If you have free weights and a mat you can do everything they do and if not there's tons of no equipment workouts too.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Not even an outdoor gym?
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    At home, body weight strength training has been effective for me. Little investment required. I like "You are your own gym," and "Insanity" series are popular.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Walk
    Run
    Bike
    Bodyweight Strength Workouts (You could look into Nerdfitness.com, You Are Your Own Gym, Convict Conditioning, or Strong Curves)

You can also save up and buy fitness equipment to give you more options. Things like a bench, dumbbells (get the bar so you can add plates on it as you need), barbell, power/squat rack, Pull up bar, TRX Suspension trainer..etc.
  • SugarySweetheart
    SugarySweetheart Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    While listening to music you can dance or stretch or check out youtube and learn a new dance.
  • melodyis4reals
    melodyis4reals Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/107029-home-fitness-and-workout-routines

Click on the link and join the Home Fitness Group!
  • kristen_bures
    kristen_bures Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I get a ton of workouts off Pinterest.
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I have an elliptical at home (big investment), I like the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred (small investment), and I like the Fitness Blender HIIT Routines on Youtube (free).
  • kb_CG_wife
    kb_CG_wife Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Walking, biking, yoga, buying a set of handweights or kettlebells. You can also follow me on here and on instagram if you'd like! @kb_CG_wife :smile: hope to see ya!
  • danotyre
    danotyre Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    We get up at 5:00 a.m. everyday and run/walk with an exercise routine that we got off of sworkit app.
  • priscillabecho
    priscillabecho Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    YouTube the workouts. There are MANY videos without having to pay.
    Housework more...like sweeping, mopping,doing garden work also count, I mean youre moving--using forearms, biceps, etc. If you have a pool, then swim away, its a good exercise.
    If you have stairs, do step ups or lunges, with/without weight. Use resistance bands to incorporate strength training if you dont have the equipment. Floor exercises. Fitness apps are available. hope this helps
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Youtube, Exercise OnDemand (if you have Xfinity or Comcast), yoga, hula hooping! Lots of options ;)
  • leannefullarton
    leannefullarton Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Walking, jogging, Youtube tutorials, internet workouts, DVD's, yoga, adult classes at your community centre, jogging on the spot...
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I really like riding my bike...and I do a bit of hiking and swimming and walk my dog most nights.