Breakfast of champions??? Suggestions??

Options
Hi there!!

My names Chrissy. I wake up and go to work around 7:20 every day, and if I eat breakfast before I leave I'm STARVING within an hour. Do you have any nutritional, filling breakfast ideas? Emphasis on foods that give energy, are full of healthy stuff, and maybe even taste good B)

Replies

• PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I just grab some fresh fruit on my way out the door! I have issues with waking up early enough for breakfast [slamming the alarm(s) at 3am, hours before they go off, to adjust it to waking up RIGHT as I need to leave]. xD; I'd go for some Almond Milk with Raisin Bran, with some slices of banana otherwise. Yummmm!
  • chrissayyscoops
    chrissayyscoops Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Same!!! Waking up is a major struggle most days!! xD awesome ideas, thanks so much for the reply! xx
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal is filling. Mix in a tablespoon of peanut butter and some honey. Yum!
  • chrissayyscoops
    Options
    Do you use Instant oatmeal or do you make it yourself?! That sounds so good!
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    A couple of eggs, fried in butter, or baked with leftover veggies and cheese. :)
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    If you don't feel like cooking, cottage cheese with berries and nuts is good.
  • fulltimelife
    fulltimelife Posts: 125 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Not sure how either of these will do with your schedule, but my favorite filling breakfasts include a bit of healthy fat. I toast a couple of slices of Ezekial sprouted grain bread, and add a lovely smashed avocado. Top with with some cracked pepper, turmeric, and sometimes Redmond Real salt. Sometimes a couple slices of tomato or onion. Takes me a few minutes at most to make.

My other go to breakfast is Bobs Red Mill rolled oats (usually 1 serving, maybe more if I know it will be a long, physically busy day), with berries or apple, and a tablespoon of Tropical Traditions Coconut Butter (coconut cream concentrate) or unrefined coconut oil, and a tablespoon of chia seeds, and sometimes a tablespoon of hemp seeds as well.

Both options push into 350-450 calorie range for me, but can be modified up or down for your needs.

Love the taste of both, and keeps me going for hours. I don't have/make time for 3 meals and 2-3 snacks. The healthy fats really satiate.

If I have no time, I will blend (not stir) unrefined coconut oil, butter (from grass fed/pastured cows), collagen gelatin powder, and Plantation blackstrap molasses (this brand tastes like caramel-like) into my coffee. My Kitchen Ninja is always ready to go. So, basically, a hot smoothy. Those ingredients are worth the research. High calorie for 'coffee', but when I do make it, I use it as a meal and can go all morning on the energy it provides. Otherwise, just plain black coffee for me. I hate that it sounds like "Bulletproof" coffee, if only because I've been drinking my 'hot smoothy' for years before I heard of the other. But there you go.

Included brand names in case that helps. :)
  • kendallroy76
    kendallroy76 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I do the Herbalife shakes and then sometimes oatmeal a couple hours after if I get hungry again before lunch :) oatmeal is a great fat burning snack!
  • Ocrgrrrl
    Ocrgrrrl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    2 eggs and two strips of bacon.

You can line muffin tins with 1 strip of bacon and crack an egg in it. Bake at 400 for around 10-15 minutes I believe. I store these in the fridge and pop them in the microwave when pressed for time. Eggs and bacon have just enough calories, protein and fat to keep me satisfied for hours!
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I do the Herbalife shakes and then sometimes oatmeal a couple hours after if I get hungry again before lunch :) oatmeal is a great fat burning snack!

No to the Herbalife, yes to the oatmeal if I add some nuts or have an egg or something on the side.
  • bcruz313
    bcruz313 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Do you use Instant oatmeal or do you make it yourself?! That sounds so good!

I personally use steel cut oats. I make a few servings ahead and put in mason jars so it's easy to grab. Heat and reconstitute with a little water, milk or almond milk. Easy to mix whatever you want like nuts, fruit or granola.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I slice up an Granny Smith apple into a cereal bowl, sprinkle with cinnamon, nutmeg, Splenda and a splash of lemon juice, microwave for three minutes and top with 1/3 cup of my favorite granola. I often do it the night before, put it in a container and reheat it when I get to work. Oh, and two slices of bacon. I precook the whole package and put two slices each into snack baggies.
  • ccourcha
    ccourcha Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Man shake
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I do the Herbalife shakes and then sometimes oatmeal a couple hours after if I get hungry again before lunch :)oatmeal is a great fat burning snack!

No, it's really not.

I'd go with eggs and vegies with some avo... More protein/fat based than carbs, but you could have Toast too if you want it. Oats/carbs don't fill me up for long at all!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I like big breakfasts, but my standby is a 2 egg vegetable omelet with feta. I use some kind of green and some other veggies, normally. Takes about 10 minutes. I usually add some dairy or smoked salmon and some fruit on the side. Keeps me full for a long time.

When I'm feeling rushed I do oatmeal (steel cut in the rice cooker--I start it when I get up before I get in the shower) and add protein powder and berries or a banana. I like to have veggies plus dairy/smoked salmon on the side also, but on occasion am rushed and just do the oatmeal. Even at less than 300 calories it's pretty filling.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Oatmeal is very filling. Not sure about feeling energetic after oatmeal, but it's filling.

People report feeling more full with different foods. Fiber keeps me fullest, so raspberries frequently have a starring role in my breakfast bowls. I frequently crush berries and Nature Valley Crunchy Granola bars (Apple Crisp flavor) and mix them all up together. Those crunchy granola bars are very filling. I've yet to find anything other than meat that equals them.

They say there's a correlation between a fibrous breakfast and successful weight loss maintenance, so the berries work for that, too.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Bacon, egg, and cheese taco with a fiery salsa. Because it hits all my macros. And bacon.
  • chrissayyscoops
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Thank you all for the replies!!! Have literally written down each one (even man shakes) :D keep them coming and thanks for the support!!!
  • mirlredmann
    mirlredmann Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    whole-grain bread, crunchy peanut butter and honey on top, keeps me going for five hours at least.
    Also Greek whole fat yoghurt with nuts and banana and/or raspberries - or eggs, as others have suggested.. I like to scramble them with pre-cooked lentils and fry this like a pancake: eat with tomato sauce, add feta, sometimes I also eat it sweet, keeps you going for hours. As said before: mix fat and protein, try to get some fiber rather than carbs, carbs will come with most options to chose from anyways...
  • lilolilo920
    lilolilo920 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Cream of wheat or oatmeal! Super easy to make (just get instant for the cream of wheat-takes around 5 minutes. Make it ahead of time and reheat w pb!!! For oatmeal, you can do pretty much the same thing!! Heck, you can even just put uncooked oats in the microwave with water or milk for a few minutes-check it out a few times and stir it-and then add peanut butter and cinnamon & some fruit if you so desire.) aside from that, eggs always fill me up-to make it quick you can just crack some in a microwave safe mug and heat that up-take it out a few times to stir-and boom! Quick eggs