Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

12km fun run finished

To think I started the C25K in January this year and look at me now. I entered the colour fun run in April and did my first 5kms. I found that a bit hard as I was training on the road and most of this run was done at a horse race track. Lots of bumps and wet grass. I did enjoy it but my time was not good at all. Then in May I did my first 8 km fun run. This was fun and a lot easier as it was all road for the track. We had a lovely look out to Sydney for most of the run. Today how ever I did my first 12km run. To think I couldn't run to the letter box 6 months ago and today I did 12 Kim's. I run the first 5 km is 38mins a PB for me. Then I come up to the 8 km once again a new PB 1hr and 1 min. I got to the 9 Kim's and really started to feel my heart going so fast. I pushed on and once I saw the 10 km I knew there was only 2 more to go. I pushed and pushed hard. My end time was 1hr and 36min. I was hoping for under the 1hr and 30 mins but not this time. It's a start and I can now go and train for my next one which is 14km hills and all. I will be doing this one next year to see how much I have improved. My only thought today was I wonder if I had of found running earlier how good I would be now. This is the start to what I enjoy and have come to love.