Different

Options
I have a question: my body will look different from eating everything in moderation and reaching my calorie goal than with eating entirely healthy?

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I have a question: my body will look different from eating everything in moderation and reaching my calorie goal than with eating entirely healthy?

Nope

your body will look different by losing weight

your body will look different if you lose weight and lift heavy to retain as much LBM as possible

your skin, hair and nails may not look great if you lose weight too fast with a drastic calorie cut and don't hit your basic nutritional requirements
  • FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    but eating everything in moderation and reaching your calorie goal IS eating healthy?
  • mirunizzle9
    mirunizzle9 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Nope

your body will look different if you lose weight and lift heavy to retain as much LBM as possible

your skin, hair and nails may not look great if you lose weight too fast with a drastic calorie cut and don't hit your basic nutritional requirements

I eat 1700calories/day and exercise, but I'm not eating entirely healthy. Just eating what I want in moderation and focusing on hitting my calorie goal for the day. But I was afraid of becoming skinny fat or my body looking different from what it should.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Yes, you lose weight by eating less food than you were eating. You can eat the same exact foods are long as you are eating less of them. You will want to eat enough protein in order to preserve muscle.
    If you have other goals besides weighing less, you will want to lift weights.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options

Nope

I eat 1700calories/day and exercise, but I'm not eating entirely healthy. Just eating what I want in moderation and focusing on hitting my calorie goal for the day. But I was afraid of becoming skinny fat or my body looking different from what it should.

What do you consider healthy? The meaning of it seems to vary according to the person.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options

Eating everything in moderation IS eating healthy.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I think "skinny fat" and your body looking different than you think it should comes down to how and how much you exercise.

Just like eating "clean", eating "healthy" can have multiple definitions. As long as you are getting enough protein, fats, and micro-nutrients, you are eating healthy. Things like pizza and hamburgers can fit well into dietary goals.
  • mirunizzle9
    mirunizzle9 Posts: 28 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »

Nope

What do you consider healthy? The meaning of it seems to vary according to the person.

In my head, eating healthy is just like veggies and fruits, beans and eggs and things like that. I do eat these, but sometimes I eat a slice of pizza or pasta with sauce or cookies and popcorn, but I do fit them into my calorie goal for the day.
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    You don't get extra points if you eat more vitamins and minerals than your body needs. As long as you hit your macro and micro goals, you can use any leftover calories anyway you want. There's no difference health wise or 'looks' wise
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options

Nope

My diary is full of moderation, and it's worked out just fine. You will become skinny fat if you lose LBM from lack of adequate protein and eating too few calories. Not from moderation. :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

Nope

My diary is full of moderation, and it's worked out just fine. You will become skinny fat if you lose LBM from lack of adequate protein and eating too few calories. Not from moderation. :)

this

and

LIFT HEAVY STUFF AND PUT IT DOWN AGAIN