Looking for a protein pancake recipe.

Options
victoriavvi
victoriavvi Posts: 13 Member
One of my co-workers and I were talking about pancakes. She said she had the best pancakes in AZ and they were protein pancakes. Would anyone know of a good protein pancake recipe? Thanks!

Replies

• nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I dont have one on hand but Michael Thurmond and The world according to egg face have tons of things like this you just have to look through them.

I make the eggface 5 min cakes w/protein powder and they are soooo good.
  • jamie11k
    jamie11k Posts: 82
    Options
    My friend made me the BEST oatmeal pancakes. The recipe was in Men's Health, and they were made with some combo of oatmeal, egg whites, splenda, and I can't remember if there was anything else important. We made one batch of apples and cinnamon, and one batch of peach. They were amazing, and since they weren't cakey like you'd expect a pancake to be, they made great snacks later in the day- if they lasted that long.

Thanks for the reminder, by the way!

I couldn't find the recipe I mentioned, but here is another idea-

Substitute: Oatmeal and cottage cheese for pancake mix

Here's a can't-fail recipe from The South Beach Diet. Mix together half a cup of old-fashioned oatmeal, a quarter cup of low-fat cottage cheese, two eggs, and a dash each of vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Process in a blender until smooth. Cook the mixture like a regular pancake.
    Carbs Eliminated: 45 g per pancake

The Taste: "With syrup, you could never tell the difference."
  • funfor5
    funfor5 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • victoriavvi
    victoriavvi Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses! I'm definately going to try them! =)
  • p1nkpr1ncess
    p1nkpr1ncess Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Oooh these sound yum! :) Deffinately going to give them a try! Thanks for the recipe ideas!
    -x-x-
  • groveboy
    Options
    The Zone Diet has a balanced pancake and or waffle recipe.
    1/4 cup cottage cheese low fat
    1/4 cup egg substitute or 2 egg whites
    1/2 cup water
    1 tsp. olive oil
    1/2 tsp. vanilla ext.
    2/3 cup oatmeal
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    2 pkt. equal or sweetener of choice

Toppings: 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce or 1 cup strawberries slightly mashed or 1 cup raspberries

in a food processor blend cottage cheese, egg sub., water, vanilla, and olive oil until smooth. Put oatmeal, baking powder and sweetner in food processor or blender and process until powdered. Mix the dry and the wet ingredients to form a batter.
    as the mixture stands, it will thicken and it may be necessary to add more water, a tsp at a time to get a smooth not lumpy consistency. Cook in a waffle iron or pancake griddle. Takes about 4 minutes .
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I do mine with 2 egg whites, 1/4 cup quick cooking oats, a little Splenda, drop of vanilla extract, sprinkle of cinnamon, mix it all together (by hand) and cook for 2-3 minutes a side on med high heat. It makes a good size pancake. I top it with 1/4 cup 1% whipped cottage cheese and strawberries or blueberries.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese pancakes. I've made them a couple of times now and they taste great.
    Make sure you blend up the cottage cheese so there's no lumps.
    Here's one that already been posted.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/68321-cottage-cheese-pancakes?hl=cottage+cheese+pancakes#posts-1071075

Another
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/76013-cottage-cheese?hl=cottage+cheese+pancakes
    Bottom of first page.
    1/2 c. cottage cheese (I use 2%)
    1/2 c. egg whites (approx. 4 egg whites)
    1/2 c. rolled oats
    1 heaping tsp. baking powder
    dash cinnamon (optional)
    dash vanilla (optional)

I had gotten one after I googled it, it used whole wheat flour instead of the oats.
  • oktober969
    Options
    I do mine as straight up protein pancakes/waffles

1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    1 egg
    splash of vanilla
    splenda to tase
    cinnamon to taste
    1/2 t baking powder
    enough water to make the right consistancy for either pancakes (runny) or waffles (thicker)

Makes 2 waffles
  • clviolet
    clviolet Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Found this on a google search . hope it helps.
    I love making these on the weekend, i double the batch so I can freeze then and grab some out of the freezer midweek

3/4 cup whole wheat flour
    1/2 cup pastry flour
    1 1/2 tps baking power
    1 tsp baking soda
    pinch of salt
    ground cinnamon (I don't measure, just dump)
    1/2 tps fresh ground nutmeg
    1 large omega 3 egg
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    fat free or lowfat butter milk (enough to make a thin enough batter)

I made this recipe up on my own, mesurements aren't exact, I tend to eyeball some things.
    I top my pancakes with light n fit vanilla yogurt, and fresh smashed berries.

ps: your house will smell like fresh baked cinnamon buns
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    bump :flowerforyou:
  • outdoorman
    Options
    May sound lazy, or distasteful, but I found a General Mills "Fiber One Complete" Pancake Mix. It has 6 grams of protein per serving and nothing says you can't add some good protein powder to it. I tried it and it is really good tasting and easy. I live alone and don't cook for anyone but myself. So easy-to-make and quick works for me;) Hugs, Denise:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
    One of my co-workers and I were talking about pancakes. She said she had the best pancakes in AZ and they were protein pancakes. Would anyone know of a good protein pancake recipe? Thanks!
  • outdoorman
    Options
    Wow, my post pales in comparison! What are the nutrition stats on this? If you don't have them handy not to worry. I can plug it into a little program I have to figure it. Thanks, denise:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
    Found this on a google search . hope it helps.
    I love making these on the weekend, i double the batch so I can freeze then and grab some out of the freezer midweek

3/4 cup whole wheat flour
    1/2 cup pastry flour
    1 1/2 tps baking power
    1 tsp baking soda
    pinch of salt
    ground cinnamon (I don't measure, just dump)
    1/2 tps fresh ground nutmeg
    1 large omega 3 egg
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    fat free or lowfat butter milk (enough to make a thin enough batter)

I made this recipe up on my own, mesurements aren't exact, I tend to eyeball some things.
    I top my pancakes with light n fit vanilla yogurt, and fresh smashed berries.

ps: your house will smell like fresh baked cinnamon buns
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    whoops, I was logged in under outdoorman's profile(my friend marv who I am trying to help keep track of his calories;) Anyway, that is me about the Fiber Pancake Mix from General Mills, duh!!! LOL;)
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I use:

1/2 Cup Cottage Cheese
    1/2 Cup Egg Beaters
    1/2 Cup Oatmeal

Blend in a blender until smooth. Make pancakes in a skillet with cooking spray.

I make a topping by putting berries in a small bowl, fill with just enough sugar free pancake syrup to cover, and microwave for a minute or two until bubbly.

Yum!

Now I'm not at all happy with the protein shake I brought to work today for breakfast!
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    This sounds interesting! I'll have to try it since I like and use all 3 ingredients anyway;) denise
    I use:

1/2 Cup Cottage Cheese
    1/2 Cup Egg Beaters
    1/2 Cup Oatmeal

Blend in a blender until smooth. Make pancakes in a skillet with cooking spray.

I make a topping by putting berries in a small bowl, fill with just enough sugar free pancake syrup to cover, and microwave for a minute or two until bubbly.

Yum!

Now I'm not at all happy with the protein shake I brought to work today for breakfast!
  • NinjaPrincess
    Options
    bump
  • mom2mykiddos
    mom2mykiddos Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    These recipes look so good.:flowerforyou:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    1/2 c. cottage cheese (I use 2%)
    1/2 c. egg whites (approx. 4 egg whites)
    1/2 c. rolled oats
    1 heaping tsp. baking powder
    dash cinnamon (optional)
    dash vanilla (optional)

Yep, that's the recipe that I use too! You can also add some protein powder (chocolate or vanilla!). I like to top w/ natural peanut butter and strawberries or blueberries (sliced bananas is good too!)! Yum!