Which is best for afternoon snack? Fruit or veg?

Options
Hey guys! So at work, I usually always have two snacks consisting of either greek yogurt and fruit, fruit and nuts, oats, veg, that sort of thing. But I'm curious... today I have two snacks: baby carrots and hummus, and cherries and a peach. I find in the afternoon I'm really lacking energy, and I do my exercise after work! So... which is best for the most energy? The carrots and hummus or the fruit?? I usually workout out within 45-60 minutes of finishing work for the day.

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    The hummus would work better for me most days. Switch it up and see how it goes.
  • SquatNSparkle
    SquatNSparkle Posts: 477 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    yup the carrots and hummus, not because of the carrots but the hummus will have some fat that will help fuel your workout IMO

Oh, and for the record I think the nuts are an optimal snack for the reason I mentioned above. And are you getting a good breakfast in the mornings? Healthy carbs/fats/protein? If not, you will run out of "gas" for your afternoon workouts.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I am partial to protein and fats for my afternoon snack (so, of your two choices I would go with the hummus). It seems to give me a good burst of long lasting, steady energy that keeps me going until dinner. Most of the time I will have a protein bar and some almonds.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Protein and fat for me.