What am I doing wrong?

Options
I don't get it, i've been working my *kitten* off, watching what I eat but nothing is coming off. What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    locnmh2c9u4y.jpg

Thanks to @lemonlionheart for creating this flowchart
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Beautiful, I'm saving this!
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Your progress depends on several things, such as your metabolic capacity, how you're exercising, how many calories you're eating, what your macros are, stress, sleep, and so on. Can you give us more information?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Watching your food? You might have to eat it at some point....

Sorry :p

You can overeat "healthy" food. Are you accurately weighing, measuring and logging everything you eat.
  • megantischner
    megantischner Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Rather than using cups, tsp., etc. to measure your food, buy a food scale and weigh everything -- even prepackaged, single-serving food. You may be eating more than you think.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You're not in a deficit. Cups and tablespoons aren't accurate. Start using a food scale and you'll notice a huge difference.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Rather than using cups, tsp., etc. to measure your food, buy a food scale and weigh everything -- even prepackaged, single-serving food. You may be eating more than you think.
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    You're not in a deficit. Cups and tablespoons aren't accurate. Start using a food scale and you'll notice a huge difference.

Yep^^

98% positive you're eating more than you think.
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    sexymom04 wrote: »
    I don't get it, i've been working my *kitten* off, watching what I eat but nothing is coming off. What am I doing wrong?

There is only one answer.

You are taking in at least what you are burning.

This gives you 2 options...

1. burn more.
    2. eat less.
  • sexymom04
    sexymom04 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone. I do have a scale but wasn't sure if it could be used for everything like butter jams things like that but apparently I should be using it all the time. So I've taken it out it is on my counter now and I will be measuring everything from now on or trying to. As for the shakes not sure I can do them as I've tried shakes before and I have a really hard time swallowing them.
  • spatulamom
    spatulamom Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I struggled for a bit and was stuck. I got introduced to ViSalus (used for weight loss or to build muscle depending on what you want). The shakes amazing the weight literally started coming off. Best investment ever! Honestly. I maintain a 1200-1300 calorie diet and have lost 13lbs! I am more than happy to share my journey with you! Honestly the shakes taste like cake and you can make any flavor you want. My favorite has been butterfingers and snicker doodle. I eat lean foods and have healthy snacks throughout the day! Go to kbinder5450.myvi.com! I loved and believe in this product. It's healthy, it's natural and it has everything in it that your body needs. I also incorporate cardio 3 times a week into my schedule.

I bet you don't sell those shakes or anything. Subtle advertising there.

• Allyoopadoop
    Allyoopadoop Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am not a gigantic fan of shakes, either. I did find some that I can tolerate and I have lost 18# over the last 30 days. Walmart (not my favorite retailer) sells a product by Body Fortress called Super Advantage whey isolate in vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry. The first day I mixed with water and choked it down. Now I mix with water, a 1/4 of an avocado (you could use banana but bananas are high in carbs and I'm watching those), and about 60 grams of fresh or frozn strawberries, mango, blueberries, etc. and some ice. The avocado (as gross as it might sound) is tasteless in there but it adds smoothness that makes the drink feel like an ice cream shake -- banana didn't even work as well. Good luck.
  • futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    sexymom04 wrote: »
    Thank you so much everyone. I do have a scale but wasn't sure if it could be used for everything like butter jams things like that but apparently I should be using it all the time. So I've taken it out it is on my counter now and I will be measuring everything from now on or trying to. As for the shakes not sure I can do them as I've tried shakes before and I have a really hard time swallowing them.

Is it digital with a tare function? (Easiest) -- if so, put your plate and hit tare. Put your bread slice, and jot down the weight. Toast it. Put toast back (the weight will be a bit different, I record the untoasted weight), hit tare. Scale should say 0. Add butter, record weight. Hit tare (so it says 0). Spoon on your jam, record.

Others weigh the jar or the package, then hit tare. Then remove the product they're going to use (butter, jam, pb, however much you're using) and you'll see a negative number, like -17g. Means that the jam jar now weighs 17 grams less, so that's how much you used.

I also just do a quick list on a napkin or whatever I have handy, and enter into MFP later. That way, I can get my breakfast made and eat it, I'm not searching the database for entries while in the middle of it all. Since I eat a lot of the same foods (like jam), I get to know a sort of budget for each. (I typically use <17g jam.)

I also bundle meals I eat a lot, so I can log them with one click, and it will bring up all the database entries I like to use and trust. Then I just change the weights to whatever I weighed out that day. (You can select all the entries you like and use Quick Tools to save it as a meal and give it a nickname.)
  • sexymom04
    sexymom04 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Awrsome thanks futuremanda
  • WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    i think it's very very difficult to measure every single thing that goes into your mouth. my advice if you're not losing is to try harder at measuring. even the little things like 1/8 tsp. butter or 2 grapes. every little thing adds up!
  • WeddedBliss1992
    Options

^^^ this ^^^

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    i think it's very very difficult to measure every single thing that goes into your mouth. my advice if you're not losing is to try harder at measuring. even the little things like 1/8 tsp. butter or 2 grapes. every little thing adds up!
    It is difficult. I focus on the things which are more calorie dense. In other words, it's less important to weigh the cucumbers and radishes I put on a salad than the salad dressing (which I weigh on the scale, by the way). If I'm off on the cucumbers it's probably by 5 or 10 calories, tops. If I'm off on the salad dressing it could be 10 times that amount.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options

No it's not... You just have to make the time to do it. The little extra bites, licks, tastes etc all add up!
  • WeddedBliss1992
    Options

No it's not... You just have to make the time to do it. The little extra bites, licks, tastes etc all add up!

yes, exactly what i said. every little thing adds up. it is VERY difficult to do for me, that was just my opinion. i do it, but it's very hard. i have a family of 5 to feed and don't always have the time to sit down and write down every single calorie, but i do it. it's not easy but i have to or i won't lose.

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I don't know if your Garmin watch has a HRM, if it doesn't, stop using it to track calories... your "exercise" for the last few days cannot be right so you're eating WAY too much. If you're doing this on the regular, that's why you're not losing weight.
  • WeddedBliss1992
    Options
    aippolito1 wrote: »
    I don't know if your Garmin watch has a HRM, if it doesn't, stop using it to track calories... your "exercise" for the last few days cannot be right so you're eating WAY too much. If you're doing this on the regular, that's why you're not losing weight.
    '

i agree. some days you have 1300 calories burned with exercise. that is VERY hard to do. i worked in my yard VERY aggressively today and only burned not even half that.