Beach body coaching

Options
Hey everyone!! I'm really interested in becoming a beach body coach and I'm wondering if any of you out there are one already know one or have any insight opinions or thoughts! :)

Replies

• Bmcginnis2
    Bmcginnis2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm signing up this Friday. I'm very excited about it.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Beach body coaches get banned from here frequently for trying to sell products. Becoming a "coach" is simply a way for you to get Beach body products cheaper. They don't teach you anything that would actually help you in the fitness industry. It's a pretty title they give to salesmen in their MLM scheme.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Do you have any experience in fitness coaching/training? Or specialized knowledge on nutrition and health science?
    I have not met one beachbody "coach" that actually have that - I have met a lot that have absolutely no coaching experience, but are serious sellers of overpriced shakes....

If you want to do it to get the stuff cheaper, go for it - but please don't "coach" anyone on fitness and nutrition if the only knowledge you have in that field is your own experience and a beachbody pamphlet......
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I am for anything that a person can stick with and lose weight, so I won't deter efforts if that works for you. However, as others have mentioned it is not a fitness achievement in any way, it is a sales position, so depending on your interest it will most likely be disappointing and not informative. Plenty of college and industry certifications that have value out there if you are really wanting to be competent in the industry and help people reach goals.

All the best.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    The main objection I have to this is that you're essentially buying your way into being a coach, and I remain skeptical that beachbody is adequately preparing their "coaches" to actually "coach".

Fitness coaching is incredibly challenging and requires a great deal of relationship building, knowledge of fitness and nutrition, empathy, and the ability to understand a person's individual goals, preferences, and life circumstances and consider those variables whenever you're influencing their behaviors or building their program.

It's not something you purchase.
  • noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I looked into it a long time ago, before I got onto MFP...which, in my opinion, has helped me learn more about the truth about how to get fit and healthy. Over time I have learned that it's more about sales than about learning about health and fitness. I noticed BB coaches tend to push Shakeology, too. But, the way I see it is if it were truly a value to fitness (healthwise and financially), then it would be a lot more prevalent in the fitness community.

Don't get me wrong. I have a few of the BB workouts, and actually love them because they've helped me lose weight in the past. But I would seriously evaluate what you would get out of it and what BB will help you achieve. Good luck in whatever you choose to do!
  • Cchioles
    Cchioles Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Beach body coaches get banned from here frequently for trying to sell products. Becoming a "coach" is simply a way for you to get Beach body products cheaper. They don't teach you anything that would actually help you in the fitness industry. It's a pretty title they give to salesmen in their MLM scheme.

I'm A Coach And I Do Not Force Sales On Anyone... I Genuinely Like Helping People So I Can't Say This Statement Is True For Every BB Coach Out There.. You're Not Wrong, But Not Entirely Correct Either..
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

cosign
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    SideSteel wrote: »
    The main objection I have to this is that you're essentially buying your way into being a coach, and I remain skeptical that beachbody is adequately preparing their "coaches" to actually "coach".

Fitness coaching is incredibly challenging and requires a great deal of relationship building, knowledge of fitness and nutrition, empathy, and the ability to understand a person's individual goals, preferences, and life circumstances and consider those variables whenever you're influencing their behaviors or building their program.

It's not something you purchase.

cosigned as well
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Cchioles wrote: »

I'm A Coach And I Do Not Force Sales On Anyone... I Genuinely Like Helping People So I Can't Say This Statement Is True For Every BB Coach Out There.. You're Not Wrong, But Not Entirely Correct Either..

What do you gain from being a coach? A discount on products and an income if you sell. I'm not saying you personally try to con people into buying, I'm saying that unless you are in it for the discount for yourself they don't teach people nearly enough about fitness to justify calling themselves a coach. The title coach is dishonest, you're a saleman.
  • Cchioles
    Cchioles Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Ok :)
  • whirlygig60
    whirlygig60 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I think less of people who sign up for MLM schemes and try to guilt their friends into buying it. Why would you do that to your friends?
  • defatify
    defatify Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You'd be smart to stay away from any endeavor where part of your "job" is recruiting your own competition.