Options
2»

Replies

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »
    RGv2 wrote: »
    From experience, it is hard to quit... it is actually addictive. So, just take your time cutting it out and eventually you won't want one. Also, read up on asperatame and you won't put another diet anything in your body.

Here's a good place to start.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1308408/why-aspartame-isnt-scary/p1

Want to play the game of how many times can we post this link in this thread? :D

LOL I didn't even realize that you had posted the link when I posted the link. I had even read your post and it's like my eyes chose to ignore it.

Well maybe redundancy is what some people reading this thread need.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    From experience, it is hard to quit... it is actually addictive. So, just take your time cutting it out and eventually you won't want one. Also, read up on asperatame and you won't put another diet anything in your body.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1308408/why-aspartame-isnt-scary/p1

Want to play the game of how many times can we post this link in this thread? :D

LOL I didn't even realize that you had posted the link when I posted the link. I had even read your post and it's like my eyes chose to ignore it.

I'll guess once for every person who comes it to do an aspartame is bad drive by.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

I'll guess once for every person who comes it to do an aspartame is bad drive by.

It'd probably be even more effective coupled with this gif:

tumblr_mardbiyWZG1rv0rj7o1_500.gif
  • Hypsibius
    Hypsibius Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Seltzer and juice. I love it. I usually do Seltzer water on ice with a splash of orange-pineapple or cranberry.

Kills the craving for pop and will hydrate ya, too!
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I was drinking a 2 liter plus then some a day. I cut down a bit for a week and 4 days ago I quit cold turkey. It's been hard.. slight headache, no energy and I am a grouch.. plus I am thinking about it a lot. Having lots of ice cold water and.flavored water.helps some.
  • sarahkeedwell
    sarahkeedwell Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I still have my diet soda but even I don't do one can a day. I am satisfied with 2 sips but thats just me.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I can not do moderation with Pepsi/Diet Pepsi. I have to do cold turkey. After a week I do not miss it as much. I the hot summer I get tired of drinking water, so I have added some flavoring.
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    The only thing soda hurts is your teeth (you have to drink a lot of it too).
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    jessicapk wrote: »
    I agree with Troutsy. Taper off how much you're drinking until you're at one can or a half a can a day (yeah, it feels stupid to toss a half a can but it won't bother you after a while).

So why won't you just buy a bottle and fill up a glass with half a can worth of soda?

• techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    AsISmile wrote: »
    jessicapk wrote: »
    I agree with Troutsy. Taper off how much you're drinking until you're at one can or a half a can a day (yeah, it feels stupid to toss a half a can but it won't bother you after a while).

So why won't you just buy a bottle and fill up a glass with half a can worth of soda?

Get your dirty logic out of here!
  • Heatherthecyclist
    Heatherthecyclist Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I was drinking copious amounts of Pepsi max. Went cold turkey and quit, everyone said I would feel loads better, I actually didn't. I now have it in moderation which must be better..... Really enjoy it as more of a treat now rather than heading for chocs!
  • jason58761
    jason58761 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have cut out diet soda because it causes hunger cravings, but I hear other folks say for them it doesn't. Sugarless gum does the same in my experience. But if you can have it and all is well, then all is well.