gym workouts???

Options
I've been working out at home 4-5 days a week doing level 3 of the shred but I recently joined the gym And I never feel as challenged as when I'm doing the shred so can anyone help me to what I should be doing??

Replies

• Mary9921
    Mary9921 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I used to workout at the gym and now do my workouts at home(rockin body dvd's)....

When I went to the gym, usually I walked on the treadmill for warm up...rode the bikes, and tried to do the elliptical(I'm kind of un coordinated, lol ) :laugh:

Then I would do the machines.....the ab machines mostly....but they have machines for everything...arms, legs, chest, etc...

My gym(planet fitness) has free personal trainers that will put together a workout program for you. You could inquire as to that....that was really helpful....He created daily workouts for me.

Hope this helps.....:drinker:
  • Christine61314
    Christine61314 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I second Mary, I recently joined a gym and clueless about what to do I just asked the person that worked there and she booked an appointment to get a workout programme. She asked me what I was looking to achieve then gave me a warm up, showed me what weights to use then cardio. It's all written down so when I go in I know exactly what to do and I will get it reviewed in 8 weeks. Perhaps you could see if you could get this as it means going to the gym is more focused instead of thinking oh what next!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    get the book New Rules of Lifting for Women. the gym>>>>>>fitness dvds
  • samgolod
    samgolod Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    New Rules works really well for me too - and it doesn't take that much time!
  • happywithme12
    happywithme12 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I say ask someone that works at the gym to help you, I did that and one day i do back and bicepts and another we do chest and tri's, then legs and abs, and then back to back and bicepts. I wouldn't have known what to do had i not asked but my gym has a list of workouts for each day to work different areas of the body. If I don't know what one of the workouts are I ask and then i do my sets and I have gotten a lot stronger than when I first started.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Ask someone at the gym to give you tips on what to do. If you don't feel like you're "getting a good workout" at the gym then you're not pushing yourself hard enough. When I am done with my gym session I am spent.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I used to workout at the gym and now do my workouts at home(rockin body dvd's)....

When I went to the gym, usually I walked on the treadmill for warm up...rode the bikes, and tried to do the elliptical(I'm kind of un coordinated, lol ) :laugh:

Then I would do the machines.....the ab machines mostly....but they have machines for everything...arms, legs, chest, etc...

My gym(planet fitness) has free personal trainers that will put together a workout program for you. You could inquire as to that....that was really helpful....He created daily workouts for me.

Hope this helps.....:drinker:

The underlined may have been your issue.