Hello

Hi my name is Lori. I am 54 years old, married, mother of 2 grown sons, and 2 grandsons ages 3 and 9. Like most of you I have been obese most of my life. Most of my family is overweight, and although I own up to the responsibility of my weight gain, I am pretty sure I learned many of my bad habits from them. The thing is I knew better, I am a registered nurse. I have the information needed to make wise dietary choices, I just don't. I am addicted to food and I never seem to feel full. So I eat. In fact I begin to feel physically ill when my cravings become intense. These bad choices have rubbed off on my children. In fact it was my oldest sons decision to lose weight that once again ( I have dieted repeatedly in my past) made me decide to try again. I currently weigh 288 pounds. That's actually down 29 pounds from my maximum weight. I also suffer from fibromyalgia, for those of you not familiar, it is a syndrome in which the main symptom is severe muscle and joint pain all the time. I have areas called trigger points all over my body which when touched can sometimes feel pain as intense as a stubbed toe, unfortunately the pain can remain for 30 minutes or more. It also has a myriad of other symptoms, difficulty with movements and range of motion, gastric distress, migraines, brain fog and forgetfulness, and chronic fatigue just to name a few. I know my excessive weight amplifies these symptoms, I know this, but, overcoming these issues takes more willpower than I can garner some days. It's very depressing. Sometimes I am sadly my own worst enemy. But I need to do this. I truthfully hope this is the last time I will have to go through this emotional roller coaster. I truly hope that this time it all sticks. I will never give up. Sadly I have little support from my husband. But I am hoping that I can be an inspiration for my son.

Replies

• determined_100
    determined_100 Posts: 30 Member
    Thanks for sharing your story. U seem like a strong sweet person and the fist step to loosing weight is to admitting you have a problem. Great job!! U can add me as a friend and I would be happy to keep u filled with motivation and spiritual uplifts. I'm also overweight so the doctors say for my height and trying to loose 75 pounds we can do this. Don't give up!!!!!