I want to RUN

Options
How do I breathe while running? how should I start to build on running? I started with 30 seconds on the treadmill. I want to run a marathon... the treadmill is so different from the pavement. The pavement is much harder. Help...

Replies

• ThatBassoonChick
    ThatBassoonChick Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm speaking from 6 years of cross country running and track. For breathing try two breaths in, two breaths out or two breaths in and one breath out. If the sidewalk is too hard, try running on the side of the street (on the blacktop). As for starting running, that depends a lot on your current level of fitness. I'd say start with running for a minute and walk for two minutes for like 20 min. If you like my suggestions, I'd be happy to help you along in private messages.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Lots of people have good luck with the free C25k app on their phones. :) That's a start.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Make sure you've got good shoes. I'd go to a running store to get fitted, like http://www.roadrunnersports.com. They can make a world of difference in your comfort and on the impact on your body. Great investment in yourself! :smile: