3 years dieting and now maintaining

Options
Well I never thought I would get here. Trying to maintain my weight. I have spent 3 years trying to lose weight. I kept telling myself 10 more pounds. In my 3rd year of my weight loss journey I just couldn't lose another pound and when I did I would just gain it back. After doing this over and over again I realized my body would never let me be under 150 and feel energized and feel good mentally. So I started eating more. And I started feeling better too. I stayed off the scale and just lifted heavy 5x a week. I didn't just go off eating fast food. I still count my Macros and eat a lot of protein. I'm eating 2000 or more calories a day now and training for my 1st half marathon. I'm learning to love myself the way I am. I may never be a size 6 but I'm going to rock the hell out my size 12's.

Replies

• AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you know whar you're doing, and you look great in that picture!
    Good luck with the (half) marathon training!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Yes - sounds like your body knows where it wants to be. Rock that!

My body changed a lot in the years I've been on maintenance, even though my weight hasn't changed. And all for the better.
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, great job a size 12 is more than good especially when you're a fit size 12 not a size 12 sitting on the sofa eating donuts. You're working out and eating healthy and have success because of it, keep up the great work, 150 lbs sounds awesome to me :)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Congrats :smile: You have done and are doing great :smiley:
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with being a size 12 if you''re healthy and fit and it looks like you are from your pics :) Continue to focus on your fitness goals and you should do well.
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success. It takes some people a lifetime to figure out what took you only 3 years.
  • 120Cassy
    120Cassy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! It's very true that your body does know what weight you're supposed to be. You're ahead of the game. Most people don't recognize this in themselves. It's about fitness and health. You go Girl!! :-)
  • RaspberryTickleChicken
    RaspberryTickleChicken Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

This reminds me of an old thread where people were polled if they chose their current weight or did it choose them. Many said that their weight chose them ... which applies to me as well. At first I couldn't understand what everyone was talking about until I hit maint myself.

I think you are really smart & quite spot-on with being so in-tune with what your body is telling you. It's wonderful! Good luck on the marathon!