Easy Smoothies for clear skin

Options
gemmaw987
gemmaw987 Posts: 34 Member
Hi guys - Does anyone have any smoothie receipes to help with clear skin?

Replies

• leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    No. There are many many many many factors that determine your skin health. See a dermatologist. Some people have hormonal acne. Some have environmental acne.
  • shetripsalot
    shetripsalot Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    No smoothies, but since my daughter & I have been drinking Kombucha on a daily basis, her skin has cleared significantly & I no longer have PMS breakouts.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    No smoothies, but since my daughter & I have been drinking Kombucha on a daily basis, her skin has cleared significantly & I no longer have PMS breakouts.

Placebo effect or else you're just more hydrated than before. Kombucha has no proven health benefits (it's fermented tea) and some adverse effects.
    Sauce: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10914673
  • discretekim
    discretekim Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Well there have been a number of recent discussions of probiotic benefits to the skin. But it is my understanding you have to directly place them on your skin. And I'm pretty sure gut probiotics aren't the same as skin ones. This field should be developing more in the coming years though.
  • greekyogurtandpuppies
    greekyogurtandpuppies Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Unless you have an allergy or are consuming a LOT of caffeine your skin is probably not related to your diet
  • br3adman
    br3adman Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Not really you would need gelatin in your diet. You can take beef gelatin capsules or diets rich in boiled bones like neckbones,beef bones ect. Just use the broth and make soup. The diet most have don't incorporate these foods therefore hurting your skin hair and fingernails.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    @asflatasapancake I heard there is one with carrots that is good for the face right?
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    gemmaw987 wrote: »
    Hi guys - Does anyone have any smoothie receipes to help with clear skin?

@gemmaw987

I'm almost 30 and I finally got my complexion under control not that long ago. I wash with both benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid at least once a day (usually twice). I use Differin (adapalene gel) every time I wash my face. I also have benzoyl peroxide cream ("vanishing cream", the 10% stuff) for breakouts.

ALSO I did not stop breaking out until I stopped smoking. If you smoke then this can be a huge contributor.

I would recommend seeing your doctor and talking about getting either Differen or Accutane (oral). Possibly getting a referral to a dermatologist if you want, but I just go through my GP.

If you start doing all this, you are going to need a non-comedogenic lotion because your face will dry out. I use Cerave PM. it is expensive as *kitten*. Note that the big bottle of regular Cerave (not AM or PM) is not the same.
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Water