Can't stop eating!

Options
2»

Replies

• Marthy101
    Marthy101 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! Some good ideas...
    I was feeling positive and motivated yesterday after reading your posts. Unfortunately someone brought pineapple upside down cake to work!! Ah! Just 1 very small piece, buuuut- grrrr!
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Every time you get a craving or feeling snacking, challenge yourself to drink a bottle of water.

You will feel refreshed, full, and you were probably a little thirsty anyway. For me, when I am in the "maybe I want a snack... Am I hungry?" mood what I actually am is thirsty.

Sounds crazy, I know, but worth a try.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    half_moon wrote: »
    Every time you get a craving or feeling snacking, challenge yourself to drink a bottle of water.

You will feel refreshed, full, and you were probably a little thirsty anyway. For me, when I am in the "maybe I want a snack... Am I hungry?" mood what I actually am is thirsty.

It's because a lot of people cannot tell the difference between thirst and hunger signals. It's almost the same signal for a lot.
  • hutchin88
    hutchin88 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    If I don't have enough calories during earlier in the day, then I have way stronger cravings at night. It's called residual hunger. I shifted more calories to lunch, which really helped.

But those habits are hard to break, so I also save a non-trigger treat for nighttime. For me a single serving bag of popcorn works. I've also just gone in my room (away from temptation) and given myself a pedicure. Then I also have pretty toes haha,

These two strategies have been working for me :smile: good luck to you!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

It's because a lot of people cannot tell the difference between thirst and hunger signals. It's almost the same signal for a lot.

people say this but I have no idea what it means. I mean, the words I get and the concept, but I've never had the issue of knowing if I was thirsty or hungry. they are completely different things to me. one grumbles my stomach and the other gives me a dry tongue
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

people say this but I have no idea what it means. I mean, the words I get and the concept, but I've never had the issue of knowing if I was thirsty or hungry. they are completely different things to me. one grumbles my stomach and the other gives me a dry tongue

well anytime does fluids help when your stomach grumbles?

I now can only tell the difference after paying attention to myself.