Labor work and gaining muscle

Options
Hello. I recently took on a laborous job at a cheese factory which is fast paced and fatiguing. I am 6 ft 1 156 lbs. Have a goal of 4000cals a day. Any input for workouts, nutrition, or muscle recovery would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    where did you get 4000 from?

you need a progressive resistance program like strong lifts, all pro beginner, starting strength, etc.
    make sure that you hit your micros/macors
    basically - eat, lift, repeat
  • flyinbrian428
    flyinbrian428 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Cal calc i used stated to maintain my current weight to consume 3670 aprox. I rounded up as im active at work and a hardgainer.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Cal calc i used stated to maintain my current weight to consume 3670 aprox. I rounded up as im active at work and a hardgainer.

ok makes sense..

then at 4000 you should gain about .5 pound a week, probably a little more...
  • flyinbrian428
    Options
    I think fitting in workouts with a laborous job is the main thing proving dificult for me.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I think fitting in workouts with a laborous job is the main thing proving dificult for me.

have you looked into strong lifts? It is a three day a week program and is a good beginner one….
  • flyinbrian428
    Options
    I will look into it thank you.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I will look into it thank you.

NP

all pro beginner is supposed to a good one too..it is on bodybuilding.com..or just google it
  • flyinbrian428
    Options
    Are you working in a manual labor field? If so what are your muscle recovery techniques
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    I would monitor your weight progress carefully. If you are working out and doing a hard physical job then you may have to go much higher on calories than any calculator will give you. I'm able to maintain at well above my highest calculated intake requirement because I'm very active and I have a desk job.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Are you working in a manual labor field? If so what are your muscle recovery techniques

I do not..I have a desk job...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I would monitor your weight progress carefully. If you are working out and doing a hard physical job then you may have to go much higher on calories than any calculator will give you. I'm able to maintain at well above my highest calculated intake requirement because I'm very active and I have a desk job.

this..
  • MattReibeling
    MattReibeling Posts: 24 Member
    Options

I work a manual labor job and i feel you it's tuff to get your work out in. To help recovery try taking a coconut oil supplement and make sure you get plenty of sleep and try to rest as much as possible after your workout! And of cours plenty of stretching!
  • flyinbrian428
    Options
    Thank you for your positive replies.