This time I intend to succeed!!

Options
Hi everyone. 39 year old female here who realized that my already larger than I like jeans have been getting too snug. I am quite literally down to 2 pairs I can still wear, so it is time to get serious!!

In the big picture I would like to lose about 50 - 60 lbs, but I will never stick to things with such a far off goal. So for right now my goal is to drop 5 lbs. Once I lose that I will set myself goals of 10 lbs at a time until I feel good about where I am. 50 lbs is a lot... But 10 is definitely achievable!

My method to try to lose this weight will be to cut out the mindless snacking, and to get some exercise since I am mostly very sedentary during my day. Hopefully those two changes will result in some real change in numbers for me.

Replies

• NotThatGirlAnymore
    NotThatGirlAnymore Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My wardrobe has also been shrinking as my weight increases :p I think it's a great idea to break up weightloss into manageable increments... 10 lbs. is completely do-able!
  • pasgettimonster
    pasgettimonster Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My wardrobe has also been shrinking as my weight increases :p I think it's a great idea to break up weightloss into manageable increments... 10 lbs. is completely do-able!

The situation here has gotten dire. I tossed both pairs of jeans in the wash last night and forgot to put them in the dryer. Didn't realize that until this morning when I had to get dressed and realized I had nothing to wear after I tried on a dozen other pairs and couldn't zip any of them up. So I restarted the wash, put on a pair of sweats and came and registered here while eating breakfast. I am downloading an audio book to my phone and soon as that's done plan on going to walk around the neighborhood for 30 minutes before it gets so hot I refuse to leave the house.