Yoga Nightmare

Options
I was griping about flexibility and joint paid , one of my friends suggested a yoga class at my gym
so down to JD sports for some Yoga Kit some grey yoga pants and matching top, Lol not a great fan of knickers lines , so tiny thong underneath.
Feeling good in my kit and looking go to class here we go , it was a mixture of men and women with more a greater percentage of girls . Trust me to get a hot guy in the row behind me directly behind me . First thing I realised is after the warm up routine by yoga pants were significantly riding up my bottom and was not feeling comfortable with the guy behind me at all.
Then comes stage 2 of the nightmare , the bending and positions we are asked to get into had stirred something in my belly and I now needed to fart urgently , how I was going to hold them with my bottoms buried up my but and positions that required you to have your *kitten* up in the air was a real worry . Luckily the music was loud at least it was the one laying on your stomach that done it , im laying on my stomach *kitten* facing upward we then had to lift our tummy of the ground when I felt a hot release of air escape my clenched but silent but a little smelly .
Lol it was not obvious it was form my bum as silent , this continued every 2-3 minutes as we made new positions like 20 plus times
not going yoga again.

Replies

• clewpage
    clewpage Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    A LOT of people toot in yoga classes, it's a common side effect...especially for newbies. It gets better as your body and muscles adjust to the new ways your are moving and stretching.
  • LAURENBETH200
    LAURENBETH200 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    not very feminine though gassing up the place
  • SLLeask
    SLLeask Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10196194/panty-mishap-at-the-gym#latest

I think I'm going to avoid JD Sports's grey yoga pants... Seems to be a run of pants related problems today!! ;)
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Lauren Beth, you made me laugh when I read your post! Thank you for the smile. Like everyone else has said, it's normal, it happens. Don't give up on yoga though. The stretching is awesome for your body. Most of us, me included, don't incorporate enough stretching into our lives. Next time you go, (please say there'll be a next time)pay attention to what you eat before hand. Try to eliminate the gas inducing foods on that day. Good luck!
  • LAURENBETH200
    LAURENBETH200 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I can cope with one or 2 im not a really gassy person but please I stunk out the whole class
  • RunTimer
    RunTimer Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options
    I practice yoga each week. you're experience is hardly novel. Frankly I wish more people would pass during yoga, it would help break the mood and lighten what is supposed to be a tensionless time.

Option 2: switch to bikram..that way you won't be the only one with odoriferous issues.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Women fart?
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Women fart?
    We fluff.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    Women fart?
    We fluff.

poot
    I can cope with one or 2 im not a really gassy person but please I stunk out the whole class

still doesn't matter. it's a natural body process
  • RunTimer
    RunTimer Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options
    Men Fart...women flatulate (and it smells like kittens and rainbows)
    smiles_277.gif~c200
  • SunflowerCat74
    SunflowerCat74 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Everybody passes gas in yoga. It's just a fact and natural occurrence. You're not the first and certainly won't be the last. Don't let it prevent you from trying it again. I personally have made "other" gaseous sounds and we all just cracked up. Embarrassing? Yes, but would it stop me from going again? no!
    I suggest finding more comfortable pants and possibly going commando if your thong was driving you nuts. Just make sure your pants aren't sheer when you bend over. THAT would be embarrassing!
  • scr183
    scr183 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    It definitely happens. If you're really concerned about it, you can always try a couple of, er, pre-emptive poses before class... Google "wind-relieving pose." Yes, it's a thing. And yes, it works. :)
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    scr183 wrote: »
    Google "wind-relieving pose." Yes, it's a thing. And yes, it works. :)

This.
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Women fart?

Yes but if a woman poops more than once a year she should probably see a doctor.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I think the worst part about farting in yoga is that everyone is doing all the deep nose breathing to begin with.

That and I have the sense of humor of a 15 year old boy. Whenever any one toots in a yoga class with me (including myself) it makes me laugh. I'm so low brow
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Pilates does the same thing...Even after 3 years in class, it still makes me giggle. The 12 year old boy in me thinks public farting is pretty darn funny. The real me (50 YO woman) is horribly embarrassed when it's me!
  • workhardtogethard
    workhardtogethard Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Did you feel bloated or gassy before class? I've never had the urge to fart during yoga, probably because I skip it if my eating wasn't on point that day. :D
  • workhardtogethard
    workhardtogethard Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Women fart?

Yes but if a woman poops more than once a year she should probably see a doctor.

So my new higher protein diet that's causing me to 'back up' is a sign of my increasing femininity? Yes!