Fitbit exercise calories

Options
2»

Replies

• ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I gave up trusting my fitbit and disconnected it from MFP. MFP for my calories, Fitbit to get my steps in.

Someone was asking if it the 300lb person burns more during a mile walk than the 100lb person. This is correct, because it uses more energy to move three times the mass.
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    editorgrrl wrote: »
    No math required. Trust your Fitbit! Connect your accounts at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/fitbit

Enable negative calorie adjustments in your diary settings and set your goal to .5 lb. per week for every 25 lbs. you're overweight. Ignore your Fitbit calorie goal and follow MFP's, eating back your adjustments.

Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.

I've done all this. I was just a little nervous that it gives me so many calories based upon my "exercise from today". Like I said I've only had this for three days now so i'm just making sure other people have seen similar numbers and its not demon possessed or something.

I had kind of a scare on Tuesday when I didn't eat enough calories and by Wednesday morning I was in bad shape. I think that is what people are actually talking about when they are refering to Starvation mode. :) I think it was just a combination of not really using the Fitbit properly or me not just not trusting the data it was giving me....when I probably should have.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Bshmerlie wrote: »
    I was just a little nervous that it gives me so many calories based upon my "exercise from today". Like I said I've only had this for three days now so i'm just making sure other people have seen similar numbers and its not demon possessed or something.

Trust your Fitbit for several weeks, then reevaluate your progress. I was shocked how many calories Fitbit said I could eat, but I lost the weight & have maintained for a year.
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks I will follow fitbit 100% and see where it takes me.