Swimsuit woes

ilfaith
ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
I have been feeling a little less than confident with my body lately...which is why the swimsuit pics in my profile are all from last summer. I gained a few pounds over the winter and haven't yet found the motivation to work hard enough to lose them even though summer is already here .

So a couple of weeks ago a swimsuit I had been eying went on sale. I ordered two different versions to see if either would be flattering. Now I cannot make a decision.

Do I keep the bandeau top (with the thin removable straps)? The halter-style top? Or return it all and get a one piece because nobody wants to look at my pale flabby belly with the stretched out skin?

n0v5wffhh4ph.jpg
31yrmvq0gwjx.jpg

Replies

• SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    I like the second one. I find bandeaus not particularly flattering for the "girls"
    That being said, I saw a quote the other day that I really liked: "how to get a bikini body: step 1 put a bikini on your body; step 2 stop caring what anyone else thinks"
    You look good in both. Pick one and rock it!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Personally, they both look good but I like the top one better. Especially for a more covering tan.

Just my .02.
  • PunksterRachel
    PunksterRachel Posts: 14 Member
    You look Hott! I like both, but if I had to pick one it would be the bottom picture.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Yikes those pics are huge. Sorry. I have no idea how to make them smaller. Also pardon the poor lighting and lack of makeup. But now you can see the real me. Unfiltered and exposed. No illusions. Just a middle-aged woman in a bikini.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Ditch both, and hit a nude beach. I bet that's when you look best ;)
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    ilfaith wrote: »
    Also pardon the poor lighting and lack of makeup. But now you can see the real me. Unfiltered and exposed. No illusions. Just a middle-aged woman in a bikini.

EXACTLY how I like ya. You pull it off perfectly.

• lilaude
    lilaude Posts: 608 Member
    I like the second one best, but the bandeau is good for tan lines. Just alternate them, you look amazing in either one!
  • LovingLifeInCalifornia
    LovingLifeInCalifornia Posts: 9,362 Member
    I like them both but what Chaelaz said is true. The top one will allow you to take the straps off and have less tan lines. However, I'm always partial to the style of the bottom one - the halter - and I have to horrific tan lines to prove it. :disappointed: lol
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,975 Member
    I like the top one the best, but either one looks great -- why are you stressing over them -- you will look better than most of the other women on the beach -- and if you really want to have fun, like others have said, try the nude beach!
  • blueyellowhorse
    blueyellowhorse Posts: 708 Member
    You look better than 99.9% of the American population...no need to worry :)
  • navyjen
    navyjen Posts: 1,043 Member
    I think you look great in both, and like Cali I personally am more partial to the bottom style.
  • GibsonSG_67
    GibsonSG_67 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Think you look great in both, but if I had to pick, it would be 2
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    You look great!! I personally like bandeaus tops without straps to reduce tan lines and I think it looks good on ya. The halter looks nice too though. Keep them both.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    You look great!! I personally like bandeaus tops without straps to reduce tan lines and I think it looks good on ya. The halter looks nice too though. Keep them both.

THIS !!!
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    ilfaith wrote: »
    Or return it all and get a one piece because nobody wants to look at my pale flabby belly with the stretched out skin?
    No need to add those kind of comments! You look great, don't be so self conscious!

And I like the top better, no weird tan lines!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    i like the top first. I find it more flattering for you
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    You could pull either of them off. Pick which ones makes you feel best. (I personally choose halter tops because my girls don't feel supported in the bandeaus, and I fear having a wardrobe malfunction.)
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    You look fantastic in both. The top one wins for tan lines but I like the bottom style better. Keep both and wear the one that best fits the occasion.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    You look great! Rock it, girl!