Phone apps vs Bodymedia data

Options
Morgaath
Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
I've been trying out the UP, Google Fit, & S Health apps on my phone.

I also have a Bodymedia I wear (Jawbone bought them, and used the tech in the UP3&4, which is part of why I am trying out apps, as I am interested in replacing the Bodymedia after 2yrs of use, as it is showing wear and tear).
UP links up with MyFitnessPal, so I let it.

1st full day (Lifted weights, rowed 2km, walked/ran 6.74 miles)
Bodymedia says I burnt 3680 cals, 13,768steps.
UP says 4546 cals, 15,297 steps.
S Health says I burnt 760 cals from activity, 14,908 steps.
Google Fit says 657 cals, 5303 steps (it seems I can only get today and yesterdays full cal burn info) -- Also, Google Fit is designed to ONLY track real movement...basically, it will ignore slow shuffling (Under 2mph), or times where I only take 10 steps walking to the fridge and back, and stuff like stepping back 2 steps to do a squat (I have to go in and tell it I spent from X to Y lifting weights, and from Y to Z rowing).

2nd day (walked 7.75 miles)
Bodymedia says 3138 cals, 15,845 steps.
UP says 3823, 15,406 steps.
S Health says I burnt 896 cals from activity, 16,834 steps.
Google Fit says 2,734 cals, 7,219 steps

Just wanting to share data on how these things are working...I use the Bodymedia info as I have a long history with it, and know how accurate it is/isn't.

Replies

• ChinniP
    ChinniP Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I've been really debating which device to switch too also .. my bodymedia is also getting old now.
  • Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    At this point I am thinking either Fitbit Charge HR or the UP3...and letting the number of folks I know with a fitbit influence my thinking. Also, I kind of like the idea of being able to get the time, and some data, without having to pull out my phone, plus getting my heart rate while workingout, rather than just once a day resting.