Any Parrot/Bird lovers here?

Options
Since I am new, I thought it would be interesting to see how many here are parrot lovers? Have parrots, had parrots, want one??

I currently have a Green Cheek Conure named Olive. She is a great companion and I love her to death. She was hatched Feb 7th 2009 and I brought her home Nov 8th 2009. She is my first bird and I had to retame her as she was left in an outdoor aviary once she was weaned.

I am currently waiting on my second GCC from a breeder in OK. The babies are Yellow Sided (Opaline) GCC and are a little over a month old and starting to get feathers...they are so cute!! I am getting another little girl and need help with name suggestions.

Here is a picture of Olive: :heart:

IMG_0351.jpg

And a video of her being a brat:
th_MVI_0333.jpg

I will post pictures of the baby once I learn which is mine...we are waiting for the DNA tests to come back! :)

Replies

• xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Olive is beautiful! I have a Brown Head named Pickles and a Meyers named Francis Bean (after Kurt Cobains daughter).
  • DAKTHREE
    DAKTHREE Posts: 52
    Options
    Beautiful bird!! My daughter and I check them out at the pet store every time we go. She would like to get a Conure. The one we visit at the pet store is so friendly!! We have a cockateil named Pepper. I have a picture on my site. He is my daughters bird but we are currently best friends since she is away at college. She also wants a Parrot!! Thanks for sharing the pictures. They are so much fun!
  • Dusty73085
    Dusty73085 Posts: 40
    Options
    I was just looking at baby pictures of brown heads! They are so cute!! And I would loove to have a Meyers one day! Cute names. :) Feel free to share pictures too!

And here is a link to the video that apparently isnt working:

http://s249.photobucket.com/albums/gg203/Dusty73085/?action=view&current=MVI_0333.flv
  • Dusty73085
    Dusty73085 Posts: 40
    Options
    sorry..double post.
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Thanks! How do I post pictures to a topic????
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Olive is a gorgeous girl. I am not a birdy person, but I do have a funny story.

A friend of a friend of mine had a bird--large and white, lots of feathers around the head, a black beak, shaped similar to a parrot, but not as large, very vocal. Like I said, not a bird person, so I can't recall the specific species name. (Does the physical description sound like a **** a too?) Anyway, this character could imitate ANYTHING. He learned to imitate the sound of the electronic ringer on her phone,:noway: which was really interesting when you visited, because, the owner could tell the difference between the phone and the bird, but a guest could not--so, the phone frequently got answered when no one was on the other end!!:laugh:

Another thing this bird like to do was torment the cat, he learned to say "Here kitty, kitty kitty_-- the way the owner would if she had food. If the cat was foolish enough to come too near the cage in search of the "food," the bird would try to peck at him through the bars. :noway:

The bird really outdid himself on one point. When the woman that owned him was single, she used to date a guy whose nickname was "cowboy." During this time, the bird's cage was near her front door, so on more than one occasion, he would have heard her say "I love you cowboy," as her boyfriend was leaving. Would you believe, about two months after they BROKE UP, this featherbrain started saying "I love you cowboy" to anyone male who walked in or out of the door!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

This was especially funny when she met another guy and got married, and the bird would regularly say this to HIM:huh: :laugh: :laugh: The woman and her friends found this to be MUCH funnier than the new husband did. Maybe that is why they didn't stay married all that long--actually there were other reasons that are not related to the story.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Good luck on adding to your "flock." As I said, I am not a bird person, I have a "herd" of doggies--three to be exact.