Becoming discouraged

Options
I have been eating so well, and exercising. Cardio and walking. I don't feel like I am getting any results. It makes me just want to go eat a whole cheesecake. :(

Replies

• mgalsf12
    mgalsf12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Be patient with yourself, just keep doing what your doing and you will see results.
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    For how long? Are you using a food scale ?
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    DanniB423 wrote: »
    For how long? Are you using a food scale ?

This. It can take weeks before you start to see some changes. (I started focusing on factors besides the scale because it was too discouraging to feel like I was working my butt off and nothing was happening according to the scale) It also helps to weigh all of your food to make sure that your calorie counts are as accurate as possible.
  • celcen
    celcen Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I found that slow and steady is the best way to loose weight. I log everything I eat so I know when I go over my limit. Don't get discouraged, just stay the course, you will get there.
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Weighing all of my food opened my eyes in a way you just wouldn't believe. For fun I weighed what I used as a tablespoon for peanut butter and cream cheese. LOL the weight in grams.. I was eating 1/2-1 extra serving. It truly is a must. Give your self some time and drink plenty of water. Good luck.
  • MrsMorrell1975
    MrsMorrell1975 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Remember every BODY is different depending on what size you started. Me for instance I was 69kg so I had to exercise for 12 weeks consistent before I noticed even 1kg drop then it suddenly started coming off consistently till I got to 59kg then it stopped dropping. This is because this is when your body is at its lowest to survive. My friend however was 110kg and her weight dropped right from start with big results then stopped just when she was getting close to goal weight. Your body is designed to show emotions through the whole process it's whether or not you choose to let the down part affect you or carry on. Don't be soo hard on yourself if your excercising and doing 1500 calories out a week and your intake is no less than 1200 in you'll loose weight
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I know it's so hard, but remember that you're getting results you can't see. You're making yourself healthier whether you're losing weight or not. I try to make that (being healthier) one of my goals. It helps keep me from getting discouraged when I don't see results because I know I'm achieving one of my goals!
  • pznatti
    pznatti Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I saw a progress photo of a woman and the changes she made in her body over the course of two years... It really helped me put it into perspective. You can see the same photo if you go to: www.gokaleo.com. No matter if you like what she has to say, the phot really made me realize I need to stop looking for a quick fix.

Keep on keeping on...
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    You need to use a food scale and accurately log your food, to make sure you are eating in a deficit, or your hard work won't matter.
  • shroodle88
    shroodle88 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I hear your pain! I started off so easily: 6kg in 8 weeks. Yay! Without much exercise too. Now, I am stuck 3kg away from my goal weight. Even though I subside on 1200cals & have become a good exerciser and I keep logging. It's frustrating. But I agree with the others: holding out, getting fitter & healthier all count for something too. So, I guess we just keep doing it & listen to encouraging stories about getting through a plateau :-)