Changes! 80 days --- Pics inside now work!

Options
2»

Replies

• lyndsloo
    lyndsloo Posts: 242
    Options
    Innerglow:

Hi! Congrats on your weight loss success so far! I am 5'6"...how tall are you?
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Lynds, I am so GLAD you posted these!!! I know how it feels to not want to post the starting pic, But its such a good thing to do! Awesome job Lady!! Your looking great!:bigsmile:
    Hugs!!
  • mbk1970
    mbk1970 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Just fantastic! Thanks.
  • hammersue1
    hammersue1 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Well done to you and I can see a difference as well.
    keep it up hun Im sure you will meet ur goals :flowerforyou:
  • Innerglow
    Innerglow Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Innerglow:

Hi! Congrats on your weight loss success so far! I am 5'6"...how tall are you?

i'm 5'5" it's crazy...i've never seen anybody built so much like me! I've lost 36 lbs total and I really really wish I would've done this, it would probably be very very encouraging at this stage in the game!
  • KikiG1991
    KikiG1991 Posts: 27
    Options
    It is a big change girl! Congrats! You've stuck with it and look at you, your happy with it ^_^ Keep up the good work!
  • lyndsloo
    Options
    Innerglow:

You should take some pics now...36lbs is WONDERFUL! I don't know many people with my body type either...haha!
  • susandersons06
    Options
    Looks like you are well on your way :flowerforyou:
  • bookwoman101
    Options
    The incredible shrinking woman....so encouraging for someone who hasn't really started yet.
    What'd ya do...top 3 things?
  • magip
    magip Posts: 20
    Options
    Keep up the good work a little change is better than no change. Before you know it when you look back it will be a big change, if you continue doing what your doing.
  • lyndsloo
    Options
    Bookwoman101:

My top three things...

1. Another MFP friend told me to change my protein and carb intake because MFP automatically sets carbs way too high and proteins too low. I followed her example and set my protein to 40%, my carbs to 35%, and my fat to 25% to equal 100%. It has definitely helped because it allows me to become more conscious of my food choices throughout the day. To switch your setting, go to Goals and then Change Goals.

2, Although MFP congratulates you on being under your calorie goal, you should definitely look at the other nutritional info (carbs, protein, and last but not least, SODIUM!). I see a lot of people on here SWEAR on eating back their exercise calories, but then intake WAYYYY more carbs and sodium than necessary in a day because of this. Consider the types of foods you eat to reach your daily calorie goal. Otherwise you'll get nowhere and still be thinking, "BUT I'VE DONE EVERYTHING RIGHT...I'VE STAYED BELOW MY CALORIES AND I'VE EXERCISED."

3. Do MORE than just cardio. I think people, especially woman, are under the impression that all you need to do is cardio, cardio, cardio. You don't! Building your muscles doing strength training exercises are equally as important as any cardio workout.

Good luck!
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!! Keep going!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!