I'm not anywhere near done

Options
But don't let that bring down my success story, because I can assure you that it is that.

A year ago next month I made the decision to lose weight and actually stick to it. At the start of my decision to embark on the journey of weight loss and management I weighed a whopping 196.6 lbs. Mind you, I was seventeen and 5'6" and I'm a female so that is quite a lot.

I've kept at it since, at first only cutting out soda and slowly delving into cutting down portion sizes and the like. It was in May of this year, only a month ago, that I got into fitness as well. I've been at it five times a week down at the gym. When I started with that I was about 181, as you can see weight loss was slow only eating less than "normal" and this is also before tracking calories so I'd like to say this is definitely an accomplishment. Anyway, now I'm down another 8 pounds but much faster than I was used to, which is awesome!

Today, I tried on an old outfit that was my favorite back in Freshman and Sophomore year of High School, about 2-3 years ago now. A pair of skinny jeans and an XL Pokemon shirt from the kid's section at Target. This has been a kind of ritual for me for a while, one of the ways I tracked my progress even if it might seem a little silly cause I would know if I went down a size without trying on the shirt. Still, I was elated to see that they fit!

I'm making progress!

It lifted my spirits and encouraged me to keep heading toward my goal. I have no doubts in my mind if I continue to be mindful of what I eat and work in proper exercise that I will be healthy in no time.

My goals:
150 lbs by October
125 lbs January or February
Fit into my Attack on Titan Harness

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Keep doing what is working. You are doing great. :)
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on a great effort! Very happy for you! You can reach your goals with a great attitude like that.
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work
  • discretekim
    discretekim Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Haha. Love attack on Titan. Good luck. Seems like you are doing well. You may want to aim a little higher than 125 at first. And just evaluate how you look and feel. If you haven't weighed around that you may not know your frame size and how you carry your weight. But still it seems like you are doing very well so don't let me dissuade you. Just I would think maybe evaluate around 135. Anyway good work!
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Keep at it!
  • omnipotentmiku
    omnipotentmiku Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone c:
    Haha. Love attack on Titan. Good luck. Seems like you are doing well. You may want to aim a little higher than 125 at first. And just evaluate how you look and feel. If you haven't weighed around that you may not know your frame size and how you carry your weight. But still it seems like you are doing very well so don't let me dissuade you. Just I would think maybe evaluate around 135. Anyway good work!

Attack on Titan is great c: and don't worry, I'll continue to evaluate how I look and feel as my weight decreases in the healthy range, I don't plan on being unhealthy and sickly looking after all my hard work.
  • omnipotentmiku
    Options
    Just as an update, I'm right on track at 151 lbs as of October 2nd c: After some research after this post and deciding I'm probably a larger build I'm aiming at 140 and I'm gonna evaluate there and probably work on recomp, where the numbers won't even matter anymore.
  • energizenj
    energizenj Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am celebrating my 100th day tomorrow. I found this blog post very inspirational to continue. Here is the link:
    https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/sabotaging-your-diet-and-exercise-goals-36-tips-from-mfp-users-to-stop/?native_client=1
  • omnipotentmiku
    Options
    energizenj wrote: »
    Hi. I am celebrating my 100th day tomorrow. I found this blog post very inspirational to continue. Here is the link:
    https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/sabotaging-your-diet-and-exercise-goals-36-tips-from-mfp-users-to-stop/?native_client=1

I actually read that article yesterday and it was pretty good.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!