Front Butt/Mothers Apron before and after??

Options
Does anyone have any before and after pics who started with a front butt/Mothers apron?

Replies

• mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Please explain? Front butt/Mother's apron - I've never heard of this.
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Not sure what you are looking for.
    The before pic I had a giant hanging gut/mom apron.
    These are 400+ down to 200-+.
    (Please don't turn me in for the bra shot, it's no worse than a bathing suit top lol)
    5wh5tid8pxdz.jpg
    6ykv4dwvuve4.jpg
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Luckee_me, wow! You've done brilliantly.
  • Luckee_me
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    Luckee_me, wow! You've done brilliantly.

Why thank you very much.
  • mousie1973
    mousie1973 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Just curious, how much loose skin do you have in that area (hope i am not being to forward asking that).. You have done fantastic! I have a bit of one myself and I am curious how mine will shrink...
  • Andela87
    Andela87 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    No before/after pictures yet as I've just started recently, but I'm also curious to see some. I have quite a large 'PCOS' belly that hangs down a bit, and I've always been worried about how it will look in terms of loose skin/stretch marks when I am finally down to my ideal weight. Though I'll take that loose skin over this bulging belly any day ;)

Also, great job luckee_me! Amazing transformation - you look awesome!
  • kdz526
    kdz526 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and at my top weight around 225. 3 kids and 3 csections gave me a definate mothers apron (before I did not actually have much of one). Now its there but MUCH smaller and just over my csection scar. You can not even tell when I have undies on. I don't think I will ever get back to prekids look, but i do think it will be very slight by the end. I am at 154 now btw and for me have 19 left to lose. I don't carry my weight in my belly, but in my hips, thighs and butt (for the most part). There is hope, but there are alot of factors that weigh in on if it will go away or not. Oh and my lower belly has a bunch of stetch marks from pregnancy, so I know it won't be perfect, but I am good with significantly smaller :)
  • workhardtogethard
    workhardtogethard Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    This thread is encouraging! Luckee_me, nice work you put in!
  • Luckee_me
    Options
    mousie1973 wrote: »
    Just curious, how much loose skin do you have in that area (hope i am not being to forward asking that).. You have done fantastic! I have a bit of one myself and I am curious how mine will shrink...

lol. Never to forward.
    That is my trouble spot for sure, I'm not sure I'll ever wear a bikini, but I never wore one before. It's not as bad as I thought it would be and I hope when I get to goal weight it will be even better.
    Thanks for saying I'm fantastic.
  • Luckee_me
    Options
    Andela87 wrote: »
    No before/after pictures yet as I've just started recently, but I'm also curious to see some. I have quite a large 'PCOS' belly that hangs down a bit, and I've always been worried about how it will look in terms of loose skin/stretch marks when I am finally down to my ideal weight. Though I'll take that loose skin over this bulging belly any day ;)

Also, great job luckee_me! Amazing transformation - you look awesome!

Thank you very much. ☺️
  • kerryadams21
    kerryadams21 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    kdz526 wrote: »
    I am 5'2 and at my top weight around 225. 3 kids and 3 csections gave me a definate mothers apron (before I did not actually have much of one). Now its there but MUCH smaller and just over my csection scar. You can not even tell when I have undies on. I don't think I will ever get back to prekids look, but i do think it will be very slight by the end. I am at 154 now btw and for me have 19 left to lose. I don't carry my weight in my belly, but in my hips, thighs and butt (for the most part). There is hope, but there are alot of factors that weigh in on if it will go away or not. Oh and my lower belly has a bunch of stetch marks from pregnancy, so I know it won't be perfect, but I am good with significantly smaller :)

I'm also 5ft 2 and had two sections (currently 4 1/2 months postnatal) can I ask how long it took you to loose your weight so far? And how postnatal are you? It's encouraging to hear the hangover reduces, I will be a lot happier when I can see my scar in the mirror!
  • kdz526
    Options
    My youngest is 4 almost 5. I started back Oct '13 and lost 40lbs over 6 months...then lost the drive and bounced 160 to 168 for the last year and in april of this year started back up and am down another 10 lbs, with about 19 more to go. I know its genetics and body composition that you get what you get. It just takes time for stuff to tighten back up as you drop the weight and your body recovers from pregnancy and major surgery.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hi :flowerforyou:
    I'm a mom of 2. I had to have c-sections with both of my boys. My first c-section was in Dec 2011 and when I weighed in Jan 2012 I weighed the most I ever had at 260 lbs. My second c-section was May 2014.
    I didn't start taking progress pictures until 2013. My first progress picture is after I lost about 50 lbs. The closest thing to a starting picture that I have is my drivers license photo (had to be renewed Jan 2012).
    Some comparison pictures of my lower stomach:
    qqt17ki2aubf.jpg
    In the middle picture, there is still enough fat that the overhang thing on the lower half of my stomach is coming out past my hips. The most recent picture, it has gone down enough that my hip bones are now visible and the little bit of overhang I have left is more centered on my stomach.
    Here's some recent full body pictures:
    ah6qbljqrudm.jpg

I do have some loose skin. I'm hoping it will tighten up some.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    mom216 wrote: »
    Please explain? Front butt/Mother's apron - I've never heard of this.

ditto
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" It wasn't a complete apron but it was definitely more tummy than my frame should support.
    IMG_6191_zps8a275207.jpg
    skirt4_zps4f9802f9.jpg
    IMG_6329_zps942d46a5.jpg
    769c58e6-ca2c-402a-9339-79c8fb4fe349_zpstrxpzwai.jpg
  • Anna83704
    Anna83704 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I lol'd at "front butt"...that's what my niece called her lady parts when she was a wee one. :D
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    "Front-Butt"....Help me, Jesus--that's FUNNYYYYYYYYY and yucky at the same time. Thanks so much for posting this funny, sobering and inspirational thread.

...front butt :D:o:#:s:'(:D and........... :*
  • kdz526
    Options
    Thats what my husband started calling lady parts when we had our daughter. I still catch myself telling my daughter to make sure to scrub her front butt and back butt when she takes a bath.
  • griffithm1
    griffithm1 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Lucky_mee, Shadow2Soul and triciab79...you look amazing! Nice job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!